Free Seeking mods/partners on Military Forum

I am creating a new forum. I'll explain it more below. Since I don’t have the most money right now (and I’m tired of sinking $$$ into forums like I was the last time I was managing any websites, years ago) I was going to use MyBB or phpBB. I also don't have the money to pay anyone to work on this site.

This forum is going to be Military Families (spouses, sons, daughters, moms, dads, etc.) so that they can get their questions answered, get advice, rant, meet people, and not feel so alone in this because it is easy for one to feel that way, being one myself. I looked up online and I found some military forums but I wasn’t finding any that focused on the families specifically and the FB pages keep getting the same posts over and over because FB has a horrible search utility.

This forum is going to have the following sections (and will be the biggest forum I’ve ever owned):
  • FAQ/Knowledgebase (to eliminate duplicate posts)
  • News Section (for all 6 branches). This news section will have general news on all branches as well as quick links to every, reliable, place to get up-to-date news online (aka Fox, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, and any other, reliable, place like that, international included).
  • Separate sections for each base (in and outside of the USA): With each section, they will have their own news, FAQ/Knowledgebase, mods, and intro section and members can post questions for their specific bases.
  • Separate section for random chit chat (not about military) as well as a separate section for information/questions on moving, joining the military, and mental health support.
I don't have a name for it yet. I am working that out but I'm going to need as much help as I can get. I'm reaching out to the admins on the Facebook pages as well hoping I can get help and input from them.

I'm going to need help with everything. I can host it and put up the basics but I will need mods to moderate, people to help post around and get the word out as well as people to help post news and get the forum together with each section.

I don't care how active you are as long as you post once a month with at least 2 posts. I know how lives are and how it can be hard to get online sometimes. So I don't require much from my kids. I can do 95% of the work.

I appreciate any and all input!

Aaron

Legendary Typer
Jun 4, 2013
FP$
I would have loved to have helped as I love military, the stories people have, and just a keen interest in all things war or about military. But as I live in New Zealand I don't have much knowledge, or any experience with the US army. Or even that of the NZ army.

I would have loved to have helped as I love military, the stories people have, and just a keen interest in all things war or about military. But as I live in New Zealand I don't have much knowledge, or any experience with the US army. Or even that of the NZ army.
If you are interested, you can help by making sure spam accounts don't get created and keeping the general chatter areas on topic and clear of spam.

There are going to be general topics that aren't dedicated to military as well. That area just will be smaller than the rest.

Just let me know if that interests you!

@DudeThatsErin I'm interested, how do I apply?
Send me a message with the following:
  • Name:
  • What would you be interested in doing for the forum?
  • Are you affiliated with the US Military at all? If so, what branch and how are you affiliated?
  • How often would you be able to work on the forum?
  • Why should I chose you to work with me on the forum?
  • Any other information you would like to include.