Share your Forum Promotion experience!

Discussion in 'Community Matters' started by Joshua Farrell, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell Administrator Administrator

+918
    You may use this thread to share your Forum Promotion experience. This may include telling us how Forum Promotion has helped you become a better webmaster, or how the forum has help your own site in some way. You may also use this thread to give appreciate to members and staff.

Originally written by [user]Eternal[/user]​

• Like Like x 2
  2. master412160

master412160 Seasoned Veteran

+3
    FP has teached me alot. I became a better and more knowledgeable webmaster because of it.

3. Jadster

Jadster Madly Diligent

+69
    The FP Staff has help me out with the packages that the PT has done for me, the reviews the RT has given me, and all the support the CT & Admins have done for me to help me out. The members have given me some great advice and some great tutorials. So here are a few people I would like to thank.

2787cmt- Being a wonderful leader and for helping me out on a site or 2.
    Eternal- Being a wonderful friend and a wonderful helper in my time of need.
    LunarScorpio- Being a great helper and supporter and great blogger.
    Giorgios- For being one of my best friends here and doing a lot of the packages that I request.

4. Ashley

Ashley Paragon

+0
    I originally joined Forum Promotion back in 2008. At the time, I didn't know jack about owning a forum at all. I didn't even know what made a half decent host at the time. As some of the elder members may remember, I took criticsm on my sites very badly, despite accepting any and all feedback. I had a huge bad habit of opening and closing forums, and of course the staff was furious about this. I have changed. I had a site that lasted almost 2 years at one point, which was to date my longest lasting forum ever! Unfortunately, we unexpectedly lost my step-father, a bad diabetic, in November of 2011. I wanted to close the forum right after he died, but at the time I was too attatched to the place to even consider it. I actually almost left this place permanently because of a misunderstanding between myself and the staff, but eventually I forgave them and reregistered and am now more than proud to call this place my home once again. I just want to take the opportunity to thank all the staff and members for their help over the last five years. I also want to apologize for all my open/shut crap and any other hell I put you guys through over the years. Yes, this is all part of being a beginner Webmaster, and I understand that. However, you guys did not deserve the treatment I gave you at times and to this day I still deeply regret it. This forum has helped my sites more than any of you will ever know and you are doing awesome with helping me with my current site. I'll try to never let you guys down and I'll do everything in my power to make my site thrive to the best of my ability. I know not all of you like us being on a free host, and I understand that. However, I do have health issues and as such do not have time to screw off with advanced hosting, nor do I care for the idea of having a tech admin again, even though in a sense I do have something of one. Thanks for hearing me out everyone and I promise I won't let you guys down again.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  5. Eternal

Eternal Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+6
    Thank you for sharing your stories! :)

@Cobalt™ I appreciate your compliment. :)

6. Eternal

+6
  7. Moneyman

Moneyman Paragon

+3
    Forgot to put my testimony here, sorry Eternal, haven't seen your post... :p

Here's my experience with FP:
    Hello guys, just wanted to make a short little post about my experience on FP.

A year ago, I've just figured out what a forum is, and what it does. I never had any real interest in those though, because I wasn't really knowledgeable enough for understanding what it truly meant. Then, I started asking myself how I could start making money online, so I did some searches on the internet. I found out what making money from blogs, forums and sites means and how people do it. However, I later realized that these articles were just basics of everything, and even that made me very confused. That's how I got interested in everything related to blogs and forums.

I decided to check out blogs and forums, read them and see what they are good for. Then I found out a free forum host, and googled forum promotion, without knowing I'd bump into this forum. That's exactly what I did. FP came up at the first result, so I was happy that what I was searching for was a forum. I then went through reading many helpful posts here, (thank you all for that). Then I wanted to try and join this community, and participate in my first forum.

I realized the community was wonderful (except spammers and some others who were really annoying). After joining many other forums, I found out that this one is the friendliest of all, with the true feeling of a community. Smaller than big forums, but the most cozy one of all. I decided then to make my first forum, so I tried promoting on it only here. That was a very dumb mistake, but then I realized that this wasn't the only place to try and promote on. I went through everything needed to promote forums, and I've learned it from here. Many people who were good at this were very harsh at me, so I was also deceived, but that's also what made me see that this is the internet. Nothing's fair, ever, and you're on your own.

I've had multiple problems with members from here, and that's why I had some warnings and bans before, but that was because I was both right and wrong. There were some things I've done wrong and also things which I've done right. That isn't the point though. With this wonderful forum and community, my maturity and knowledge grew with it. I'm still very young, but Forum Promotion has given me the knowledge of the basics of the internet. It's just as if Forum Promotion was my mother when it comes to the internet.

Why should you be a member on this forum? Because the community is wonderful, atleast yet, and the things you can learn from the wonderful members here (Eternal, Lunar, pandaa, Snobothehobo, Fowler, Fergal, fiona and many more) has no limits. If you are new at this, Forum Promotion gives you everything you need to get started. Forum Promotion wouldn't be your choice when it comes to advanced and expertise of business and so on, but it's a place were forums, blogs, communities, business and many more things start.

Forum Promotion might not be the best forum there is, but the community has been the best for me, I've felt I have a better place here than in my school (it's a sad story), and Forum Promotion is the one place where I can really enjoy everything.

I don't know how long I'll last here with my stubborn personality, but the more the better. I always enjoy talking to many members here.

Hope this helps some newbies.

8. Kino

Kino Captain Awesome. Retired Admin

+77
    Nice post Moneyman. Glad we can be like a home for you. :)

9. Subz

Subz Seasoned Veteran

+0
    smitty fan, what was your old username? just curious.

My experience with FP has been great,

they have helped boosted my forums with packages, banners and other services they offer but not forgetting the good quality of the reviews also, without the reviews they you wouldn't know what is good or bad and how you can improve (sometimes getting an outsiders opinion can make all the difference)

I have been a member of all the service teams also so i know the hard work that goes into the packages and reviews and can say they are doing a sterling JOb

I ain't been here for a year and the PTL and RTL are still the same so they must be working hard and doing a good job (especially the RTL as i used to also do that role).

well done to FP

10. Eternal

+6
    The RTL changed a few months back. ;) Thanks for sharing your experience! :)

11. Kino

+77
    Subz you're alive! You used to be my old RTL way back in the day. Pleasure to see you back. Thanks for the kind words.

12. Subz

Subz Seasoned Veteran

+0
    yeah I am sort of back,

13. Ashley

Ashley Paragon

+0
    I went by a couple usernames. I went by Ashley for a while (as that's my real name) and then I believe I went by Brian Fan for a brief period. My real name is Ashley, and my username is Smitty Fan because I am a fan of the religious artist Michael W. Smith. Awesome to see you back, though, Subz... I vaguley remember you. I think I've joined up with one or two of your forums before.

14. Chadook

Chadook Seasoned Veteran

+5
    When i've joined the Forum, I didn't pay attention to the heart of the forum except advertising, With the time i expanded my ways of advertising. And after i came back to the forum, i've learned many things beyond just advertising, Such as how to deal with suggestions, make difference between personal relation and enforcing someone to the rules, many experiences of many great webmasters, and how generally to deal with certain situation.
    The staff crew of site Is amazing like Kino, Eternal, Fergal, Cloverfield, Lunarscorpio, 2787cmt, Jadster and more...

15. Kino

+77
    Thanks for such kind words. :)

16. remonray

remonray Resident

+0
    Although, I am in FP since 2-3years, I only have 500plus posts in FP and still it is the greatest post number I have ever done in any forums. I spend like 2hr daily at average in FP reading people's threads/posts and only post if I have to.
    I am not quite good at communication so I have 0 friends here and less people know me but still I know FP regular users, helpful ones, staffs, activities, chitchats around forums, etc.
    That's it and I simply love FP.

17. Eternal

+6
    Thanks for leaving feedback, remonray. :)

18. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+20
    I'm glad to hear you love this place as much as I do. :heart:

19. JHS905

JHS905 Reputable

+0
    Thanks to FP, my forum has become a little bit good. Thank you everyone! This place is awesome!

20. Rick Ace

Rick Ace Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+211
    Package Team is An Awesome Experience

The package team has provided me an excellent and rewarding experience. I've visited awesome forums, met new friends, and learned many new things on different topics. I think the best part about it is that the team is kept very organized. We always know what to do, and what's going on. If there are any changes, we're informed early, and are able to prepare accordingly. And if there's a question, Shadow is the friendly guy to answer it. :)

What does a package team member do? If you think the job just involves posting, you're completely mistaken. As package team members we are constantly talking to each other, working as a team. Our chats are often fun and entertaining but get the job done. For most forums research is required before posting. It requires a certain ability to read through topics and understand the emotion of other posters. It's surprising how many friends one can gather through completing posting packages.

Since the applications thread is open, I wanted to tell interested members that you are in for a great experience.