Share your Forum Promotion experience!

Discussion in 'Community Matters' started by Joshua Farrell, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Myers

Myers Paragon

+450
    There's always going to be the younger generation and it can help forums in some cases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gio

Gio FP's Greek Ambassador Community Team Retired Admin

+645
    That can be said with really any forum lol.

3. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,213
    true, but that's one guy said that to me on another forum

4. Gio

Gio FP's Greek Ambassador Community Team Retired Admin

+645
    People will have their opinions. :p

5. LadyLannie

LadyLannie Up-and-Coming Sensation

+32
    Well im not necessarily new to FP ive been around for 5-6 years or so but as another user, Seeing as how i came out as transgender a year ago, I made this account to better suit me. Like i said when i first joined, Forum Promotion is a great place to be the community behind it and management team are phenomenal. I love it here :)

• Love Love x 1
  6. kubin2017

kubin2017 New Arrival

+0
    Thank you for sharing.

7. RichRich

RichRich Familiar Face

+4
    This is a awesome forum, FP has teached me a lot.

8. Son Phan

Son Phan Reputable

+17
    this forum is awesome. Thanks to the creator and admin. Give us place to share our thought and learn sth new :)

9. Princess MeowsePad

Princess MeowsePad Chocolate Foot Princess Retired Admin

+1,031
    I think it's time for me to share my Forum Promotion experience!

I registered on Forum Promotion in June of 2008. I didn't become active right away, but I did lurk the forum quite a bit. I did not become an active member of the forum until mid-2009 or so. Shortly after I became active on the forum, I was offered a spot on the review team by my good friend @Mike, who was known as CarMadMike back then. Unfortunately, I didn't last long that time due to some unfortunate events that I can't entirely remember. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with being late on a review or something. XD

Later in 2009, I returned to the review team. I really enjoyed doing reviews, but I decided that I wanted to be on the community team in early 2010. I stayed on the community team for a few months and transferred to the review team. Then, I resigned as a result of some drama with @Kino that I still, quite frankly, feel really bad about because I was totally in the wrong. Luckily, I think Kino and I are cool now. XD

Later on in 2010, the review team was having some problems, and I decided to apply. I was granted a position by @thedudeman with the condition that it would be the last time that I would be allowed on the staff team. I graciously accepted, and I knew that they were taking a chance on me. After several months on the review team, I became the leader of the content team to try to resurrect the blog. It failed, and so we disbanded the content team. I moved to the community team and eventually became the leader. After several months, I became an admin! I remained an admin until I resigned in early 2013.

My participation on Forum Promotion has always been motivated largely by the few friends that I've managed to make on here over the years. I guess that's why I keep coming back despite its problems. More recently, I feel that being active on Forum Promotion as a user instead of as a staff member has helped put forums back into perspective for me. I feel that being a staff member on a relatively large forum for so long spoiled me for forums, if that makes any sense. I started to view forums more as a source of stress and negativity than as a source of enjoyment.

I will stick around on Forum Promotion probably until it is no longer around. I know for a fact that many people do not want me here, some even calling me the forum's biggest enemy. Despite that, I'm participating here because it's a place where I can do what I love: make friends and help people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Myers

Myers Paragon

+450
    Nice story Meowse :)

You were on the ET?! You learn something new everyday :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Princess MeowsePad

+1,031
    I have somewhere around a hundred reviews to my name. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Myers

Myers Paragon

+450
    Wow. I never saw any trace of you in the archives :p

13. Princess MeowsePad

+1,031
    I didn't post much while I was a reviewer, so that's probably why you've never seen any signs of it. :O

• Like Like x 1
  14. Myers

Myers Paragon

+450
    I see XD

15. Empire

+2,213
    @Princess MeowsePad That's some story there, good story and when you joined did you run an website or just join for the poops of joining.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Princess MeowsePad

+1,031
    I did run a forum at the time! :O

17. Empire

+2,213
    sounds boring :p good to know you joined and did not adverts that much for your old forum

18. Princess MeowsePad

+1,031
    Actually, I advertised a fair amount. It's just that the promotion directory topics and service requests from 2008 and 2009 are largely hidden now. XD

19. Empire

+2,213
    Topic is still around. Might take 4 hours to find it :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. Charlotte345

Charlotte345 Reputable

+20
    This forum has been good, only been on a few hours but would love some more views and for people to have a chat! :)

• Like Like x 2