Should I open a forum?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Who are you?

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

James

Community Team Member
Community Team
Been bouncing around the idea of starting a forum again. Should I do it?

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
If your heart is truly into it. I say go for it. Because if your heart is into it and it's been eating at you. Then perhaps this forum will turn out to be a good community. I think that's a good reason.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
That depends...what kind of forum is it and do you have the time and energy to keep it going...and going...and going. Why do you want to start your own forum instead of contributing to the hundreds that are already open? Do you have a good idea you think would work? So many questions I have so that's why I can't vote LOL

James

Community Team Member
Community Team
That depends...what kind of forum is it and do you have the time and energy to keep it going...and going...and going. Why do you want to start your own forum instead of contributing to the hundreds that are already open? Do you have a good idea you think would work? So many questions I have so that's why I can't vote LOL
I was thinking to start a gaming based forum for either Valorant or Runescape and either having clan boards there for people and do clan battles / tournaments with it or something along those lines :)

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby

Honestly it's hard to get a brand new forum up and going. I myself would rather join an already established forum and try to get on staff and help around that forum if the owner is willing to allow me to help.

James

Community Team Member
Community Team
Honestly it's hard to get a brand new forum up and going. I myself would rather join an already established forum and try to get on staff and help around that forum if the owner is willing to allow me to help.
I do agree. I was planning on doing a PhpBB website this way I am not investing money in the software.

Ashley

Paragon
FP$

I had a heck of a time restarting Chatting Time two years ago. Couldn't find a decent host or software, license prices for the likes of Vbulletin or Xenforo were way out of my league, especially now that I'm retired due to health issues and am currently on benefits. Honestly, it's up to you, but like someone else said there are already tons of forums going on already.

Empire

President Of Fourm Promotion
Gamma Premium
Like others said if you are so in deep passionate about starting a forum or blog or whatever and you have the funds and knowledge then power ahead. However it's hard times with most new firms that are starting out, most cases I see sites opening and then months later closing.

Advertisement is very important as well as SEO, that's where most of your funs will be going into. Post exchanges and posting packages aren't going to help the site in the long run, they won't become active. What makes sites alive are those active members that keep coming back.

Why not, you join as a staff on a website, since you are into a gaming related site then look at gaming-related sites that are hiring and join as a mod or whatnot and then see how it goes then if you are passionate about it then start your own.

GAming related is not easy again, there are so many gaming sites out there.

simonweb

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Been bouncing around the idea of starting a forum again. Should I do it?
Yes, if you really want to do it, go for it! It's always fun to work on a new web project, so why not? It'll be tough and an uphill battle, but you can't succeed if you don't try it. :)
I do agree. I was planning on doing a PhpBB website this way I am not investing money in the software.
I think you will need a more modern forum solution than phpBB, especially if you want to create a gaming community.