Should the TV License be abolished?

• Thread starter Deleted member 25872
  • Start date

Carlos X

Addicted
I read this thread, and my mind hurts.

How the fuck is this law a thing? Horrible. It sounds communist. The state seems to be gouging people.

It sounds like North Korea where there is only one channel, and that TV must be paid for to even WATCH TV.

Carlos X

Addicted
TV License in the UK has always been like this since the very very start back in the 1960s. Well, no idea what year it started when BBC made it. It's not by law, however. No licence means no BBC
That's a law. Based on what is said here in this thread. If you don't pay the license, you go to jail. That's a law.

Here...
Yes. people are still getting fined for not having one in the UK.

The website quotes ‘ You could face a £1,000* fine if we find that you have been watching, recording or downloading programmes illegally.’

So, If you don’t pay your fine, you could be prosecuted but they will try everything to fine you first on top of the license and enforcement costs! Read more here - https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/faqs/FAQ71

I think it should be scrapped. Nobody should be forced into paying a license for watching tv!
So if YOU don't pay that fee? Arrest, court, then jail. That is communism.

_B_

Up-and-Coming Sensation
FP$
I find it quite ridiculous tbh. There were also these "TV License Vans" that would go around detecting those that had licenses or not although no one can verify if this was true or not.

Empire

President Of Fourm Promotion
Gamma Premium
I find it quite ridiculous tbh. There were also these "TV License Vans" that would go around detecting those that had licenses or not although no one can verify if this was true or not.
Long gone, they can't afford them now :p done other ways now, tech has improved by long shot