SickKids FoundationHey guys! Another month has passed, and we have now moved on to our charity for September 2018. I am happy to say that the SickKids Foundation is our featured charity for this month.
All of us at SickKids are fighting the same battle: to make every kid a healthy kid. Our vision is simple: Healthier Children. A Better World. We believe fighting for the health and wellbeing of children is one of the most powerful ways to improve society. Right now, quantum advancements in scientific knowledge and technology – made possible by donors like you – present an unprecedented opportunity for SickKids. To be ready for the next round, we need to update our infrastructure so we can unleash the full potential of SickKids expert team. We need to expand our reach, to extend our excellent standards of care to more children around the world. We need to elevate our research - it’s our best weapon in the fight against disease and congenital childhood conditions. And we must enrich the compassionate care we believe fosters the lifelong wellbeing of children and their families. It’s a massive challenge, but one that has to be met. So we’re actively inspiring communities and individuals to take up the fight by investing in our Hospital, its mission, and the health and scientific advances your gifts make possible. Thanks to our donors, in the fiscal year that ended March 31, 2016, SickKids Foundation invested $137.3 million in child health research, learning and care. We’re winning. Because every day we continue to fight.
How does it work?
- 1,000 FP$ = $2 donation to this very important cause. You can donate as much as you like. Just keep it in increments of 1,000 FP$.
- Send all of your FP$ donations to @Cameron.
- Donations will be accepted for this particular charity all throughout the rest of this month, with September 30th being the final day that we will accept FP$ donations for this cause.
- At the end of the month, I will go through and total all of the FP$ donations that are made, and a lump sum of these donations will be sent to this charity on October 1st.
- We will have a sticky topic where we record all of the different FP$ donations that take place, and proof of payment to this fantastic charity will be shared as well. This allows us to keep track of the change FP is making around the world with this offer.