• Hello Guest, we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our email system. Please expect a delay in email delivery.

Solved Similar Topics Add On for XF 2

• Thread starter Deleted member 25872
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25872

The add-on costs 35$ and AndyB is the author of the Add-On. By paying 35$, you have access to over 350 add ons at no extra costs so it's really worth the money if you ask me. The reason for suggesting similar topics is because when creating new topics for the forum, I am concerned that it will be a duplicate thread and it's very time consuming to use the search function. Here is a link to the add on https://xenforo.com/community/resources/similar-threads.5624/

Ozzy47

Package Team Leader
Package Team
Community Team
Gamma Premium
Even it they are duplicates, I’d rather have that than replying to old outdated posts wot potentially outdated info. If a staff member feels a thread is a duplicate, they can merge them.

Cumulus

Paragon
Marketing Team
Even it they are duplicates, I’d rather have that than replying to old outdated posts wot potentially outdated info. If a staff member feels a thread is a duplicate, they can merge them.
+1

I don't believe our moderation policy is to warn or sanction duplicate threads in most instances, so if you do accidentally slip up it isn't a major deal. If you can't see it near the top, then as Ozzy said, a newer thread is probably a better idea anyway.

D

Deleted member 7467

I’m not at all concerned about duplicate topics. It’s not my job to care if a similar topic has already been posted. This responsibility falls under a moderator typically. I’m not going to work harder than I have too by using a search button to provide free content to someone else’s forum. Likewise, if content is automatically merged, I’m probably going to stop providing said free content to that forum anyways. Some things are better with some human judgement involved and I feel this is one of them.

Joshua Farrell

Package Team Member
Package Team
Gamma Premium
FP$
Cookie Badge
I’m not at all concerned about duplicate topics. It’s not my job to care if a similar topic has already been posted. This responsibility falls under a moderator typically. I’m not going to work harder than I have too by using a search button to provide free content to someone else’s forum. Likewise, if content is automatically merged, I’m probably going to stop providing said free content to that forum anyways. Some things are better with some human judgement involved and I feel this is one of them.
I am usually not vocal on agreeing with Matthew here, but I have left forums before because of moderators thinking topics I took the time to write, was some how an exact duplicate of a topic that was posted a year ago that has no current relevance to what I wanted to post on.

D

Deleted member 7467

I am usually not vocal on agreeing with Matthew here, but I have left forums before because of moderators thinking topics I took the time to write, was some how an exact duplicate of a topic that was posted a year ago that has no current relevance to what I wanted to post on.
My heart suddenly grew 3 sizes.

Cumulus

Paragon
Marketing Team
First time I agree with you, @Matthew

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
It’s my teams responsibility to ensure duplicate threads are taken care of, but it rarely happens and does not warrant spending $35 on an addon when there is a dedicated green team to handle such instances. Most duplicate threads usually have some kind of different outcome too, so while the topic might be the same, the conversation usually isn’t.

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
We use a few add-ons from Andy, so we’re already paying that $35 each year. Still, I do agree that I don’t think this type of add-on is necessary.