• Hello Guest, we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our email system. Please expect a delay in email delivery.

Suggestion Site Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase.

Reputable
FP$
I have a little concern about the Site Battles.

They seem to be a complete waste of time and resources. I mean, I constantly see the same forums battling each other over and over again. Nothing new, nothing worth posting about.

I don’t get it. What makes this worth? The 10k credits you receive at the end of the year? Is that really worth spamming the site battles with the same forum and battles day after day? Only to receive a few votes by people who have seen your website like a million times before?

I strongly suggest the site battles need a big overhaul. A time restriction when you entered a battle, one battle at a time or maybe a mini battle of the board monthly instead of 100 site battles.

They seem rather pointless, contain spam and have no value at all. Instead of giving 10.000 FP$, give 1000FP$ to the winner on a monthly battle where everyone sign up in one battle.

Perhaps hold a big battle once per 3 months containing a few tasks like best graphic, best activity increase, etc. where signed up forums need to work as a community to recieve the most votes and points by members on FP. This way not only the entered forums gain a better community but so does FP.

Give more worth battling for, not only a FP$ increase, as I think that doesn’t hold as much value as it should. Give away advertisement spots, posting packages, etc.

I’m sure you can put more value in the site battles this way rather than the way it’s going right now.

Last edited:

Chase.

Reputable
FP$
I agree, I never get to battle with new websites or new members that came to join FP with their site. It's slow times though. It very slow times.
There won’t be any or hardly new members joining because there is nothing decent worth winning. It’s merely a place to slap your link, have a ‘battle’ and move on to the next. If it would be worth something it would have more value. If it has more value, more people will join in. Plain and simple. I can imagine when joining FP, it’s a bit much at first glance. By the time you know your way around, you won’t be bothered to do battles the way it’s setup.

D

Deleted member 45866

I've never bothered doing the Battles. But I do notice that it's mainly just the same Sites or same Users who are Battling each other over and over and over again(Particular, @Web2019 and @Empire are the ones who I see the most. Not trying to call out anyone or anything, but I'm just saying).

I do like the Idea of an Overhaul to the Battle-System. At least like a 1-Week Cooldown before your next Battle. As for a large Battle every 3-Months, FP usually does these Battles. But, they're extremely rare as far as I know and I've only heard about one of them which was earlier this year on a previous Account of mine. But, maybe doing a large Yearly-Battle instead? Or how about every 8-Months?

Give more worth battling for, not only a FP$ increase, as I think that doesn’t hold as much value as it should. Give away advertisement spots, posting packages, etc.
Maybe do things like the Advertising and Packages for the Large-Battles. But only do FP$ for the regular ones. As much as FP is wasting time and resources on the Battles, they also don't have all the resources to give out things like Advertising for every Battle-Winner.

But yeah...The Battle-System definitely needs to be improved. It's pretty much like a Claw-Machine in the Arcade. It's flawed and needs to be fixed or else everyone becomes frustrated.

Joshua Farrell

Package Team Member
Package Team
Gamma Premium
FP$
Cookie Badge
We currently have our annual site battles that happens to coincide to start around the same time as March Madness (NCAA Basketball Tournament). We could always start up an another one of it, but generally speaking, the one in March had quite the giveaway for the winners, and if we do a second (even a third one) during the year, we don't want to make it something that is expensive, just to out do the annual spring one we do, as just that one alone this year, quite a bit of money was given out, along with atleast a thousand dollars worth of member subscriptions and software items for different things from places like Theme Forest.

The one in the spring, usually helps get our less active members out to participate in that, as it is something that generally will draw people to try to out do themselves from the previous years, if they ended up not getting major prizes (in the hopes of designing and updating sites to hopefully draw more votes).

Any specific site battle ideas would be great, like the idea of the theme based. I mean, Halloween or other international based holiday themes could be one idea of a site battle madness that could be hosted.

If a Halloween based battle is done, we would need a clear cut idea of how it should be done, and what the focus should be based on (theme design for the holiday, the best competition compilation, etc).

Joshua Farrell

Package Team Member
Package Team
Gamma Premium
FP$
Cookie Badge
No one has to stop doing site battles, it really is all about who participates and who is willing to be specific about who they battle.

I mean, if it really is getting that bland, we can always add quarterly battles to the list with some minor prizes.

But then again, I could participate more in the battles myself, as I haven't really participated that much in them in the past couple of years. The more people participate battling and being specific about who they battle, the more potential variety we will have there.

D

Deleted member 7467

Yeah, as if that wasn't obvious.

P.S. Your Comment has nothing to do with this Discussion : )
His comments never really match the discussion at hand. He generally spams for post count.

More regular events would be nice. You dont have to offer money. So like a spotlight article on the blog as a prize. Free signature space from staff. Announcement post advertising the site winner and their site.

D

Deleted member 45866

That's when you should just ignore him and move on. Don't let it get to you, not worth your time
Well, it's been a lot better now ever since @Joshua Farrell recommended that I used the Ignore button(Thanks for recommending me that, Joshua).

Let's not talk about the members but instead get back to the topic of Site Battles.
Why don't we create a Thread where we all just criticize each other? That should take all of the Criticizing each other out of the way from the actual Posts.

Jon

Networking enthusiast
I wouldn't be opposed to seeing some changes made with the site battles, such as a time restriction between battles from the same websites. However, the site battles are all in good fun. As for the lack of activity, that'll boost once winter hits and everyone is avoiding the crisp outdoors, if I had to guess. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.