Social Media impacts on Forum sites

Treasurepost

Acquaintance
Feb 13, 2014
www.hiphobbies.com
FP$
A lot of people suggest using social media to promote your site... but how does that really work for a forum? For instance, if you can post on Facebook, why not just use Facebook instead of creating a forum?

I created a forum because I don't want to do the whole facebook/social media thing. Because quite honestly, I want to be able to control the content and advertising. I do not want to make the rich richer from my content.

How can you use social media to push your content on a forum without losing the posts to said social media sites??

Talk Mental Health

Corzhens

Addicted
May 13, 2017
FP$
As I had posted in another thread, relevance is the key. Your social media friends will shift to your forum if they find your forum relevant to them. I find that most users in social media use their account to connect. They are like a tree with connections like roots. It is hard to uproot them unless your forum can grab their interest. And don't expect to sway all your social media friends to your forum because of their varied interests. You can start by experimenting on teasers of your forum. Post teasers on social media regularly but be creative so as not to be branded as spamming.

Reactions: andrew skyler

IdealMike

Acquaintance
Jun 21, 2017
FP$
In all honesty, when it comes to using social media to promote anything, you should go "all out" on it. Creating social accounts on all the top social media sites Facebook, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube etc etc. But really, you should try to remain focused on only a handful of them as they all work differently. That's the thing, you need to find out which site is working for you and then expand on that.

But one way would be to start a Facebook group for example. And then regularly post your threads to it that people have made and ask questions about it so as to be engaging. In time, that can be quite effective when you have a lot of them and a lot of group members too. The cool thing about Facebook groups is they don't limit the reach like Pages do. Everyone sees it and those that haven't disabled email notification get an email about a new post in that group so it's like email advertising too. :)

Khanh Nguyen Duy

Familiar Face
Jun 25, 2017
FP$
A lot of people suggest using social media to promote your site... but how does that really work for a forum? For instance, if you can post on Facebook, why not just use Facebook instead of creating a forum?

I created a forum because I don't want to do the whole facebook/social media thing. Because quite honestly, I want to be able to control the content and advertising. I do not want to make the rich richer from my content.

How can you use social media to push your content on a forum without losing the posts to said social media sites??
in this case i will not use facebook, forum and web seem not work well with fb

Uncrowned Guard

Familiar Face
May 7, 2016
Pennsylvania (USA)
uncrownedempire.com
FP$
At the end of the day, social media is social media and forums are forums. It is true that many people believe Facebook has robbed them of their users, but in all honestly all that happened was forums lost their monopoly on internet communication and now users use what they like most.

Social media is an amazing advertising tool and can be automated fairly easy to spread content. Odds are, the person that is trying to have a conversation on your shared link isn't going to join the forum anyhow as they want that social media style interaction. So you might as well go all in.

Reactions: oldwebrevival

fybros

New Arrival
Dec 16, 2020
India
FP$
Social media has a huge impact on individuals and their lives. Although some effects may be positive, it turns out that social media can have a negative impact on our emotions and stress levels. Addiction is also caused by social media.