Social Media Presence

Discussion in 'News Center' started by Cam, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Cam

Cam Owner Administrator Owner

+1,045
    Hi guys,

I guess it's time for a News Center update. What's going on at Forum Promotion? Well, we're working on expanding our social media presence! One of the common topics that has come up in recent Community Matters topics is the fact that we've failed to regularly update our social network accounts for some time. With that being said, we're now going to be focusing on keeping these accounts updated on a regular basis. This may not be everyday, but we'll definitely try. So, we'd love it for you to take the time to follow/like us on these various platforms. We'll gladly do the same in return!

Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. :)

We're also contemplating getting in on the Snapchat game. How would you guys feel about that?

Warm regards,
    Cameron

• Like Like x 4
  2. danthex

danthex GamingBoards.net King Community Team

+207
    Great to hear. Social media presence is definitely a must in today's age. It's refreshing to know FP is constantly being promoted and SEO being taken seriously. Majority of online users have a social media account of some form, and I'm sure keeping these accounts up to date will allow FP to extend its wings even further.

I use Snapchat from time to time, I'm opened minded about where we could go with it.

Thanks for the update!

3. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,298
    Glad that my posts has gone though :) I think the best beat is to find an graphic designer (FP has many members) and update the banners and profile images so that it's more professional and who ever is the designer can also do instagram images and upload ever so often.

So are you going to setup and automatic response or and feed that sends out infor to all Social Media using the RSS feed for an example and do like five to ten a day, so that you don't have to do it yourself.

4. Jason76

Jason76 Package Team Member Package Team

+468
    Yeah, that's definitely the way to do it. The people are on social media - so it's a good ROI. But people do hate social media - but, what can I say, Zuckerberg struck gold there.

5. Empire

+2,298
    there are kinds of hate but those that do not like it I tend to see them using them anyway

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vaulient

Vaulient Package Team Member

+65
    Wow I'm actually surprised my suggestion was taken into consideration. @Empire Good job buddy! High 5 :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cam

+1,045
    As far as Snapchat goes, mobile app-only platforms are annoying. I already have my personal Snapchat, so I'd have to be logging in and out. I guess I need to go buy myself a burner phone for FP. :p

We clearly need to fix up the looks of our social network accounts. They all still have the orange in them, back before this style was updated. We definitely plan on doing this with the things we have planned over the next couple months. :)

Social media is good and bad. It's about how you use it.

Of course it was! :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Empire

+2,298
    Not if you have another platform pr phone :tonguewink:

9. Carlos X

Carlos X Resident

+167
    I suggested this, too. In appearance, all he needs to do is look for Twitter/Facebook Social Meta field and put a 200x200 image there. In xF2 it's called "metadata" and it appears with each post you make, right now it shows the default xenforo logo.
    They never had to. There is a RSS feed, look at the bottom right corner of this page. However, I advise not to use those auto bots for Twitter/Facebook/whatever. Just do it yourself and you won't be banned.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  10. Jason76

+468
    Instagram is more popular than Facebook - or is it?

11. Carlos X

Carlos X Resident

+167
    It is, but Facebook allows for links, whereas instagram doesn't. The only thing I'd use instagram for is branding purposes and nothing else. Now, I'm not saying you can't throw in the link to the site, you just won't be able to parse the URL so that it's clickable. If that makes any sense to you...?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jason76

+468
    Yes

13. Empire

+2,298
    Need allot of man power and time then to do it all yourself. Like even 30mins on then after two hours back on again for another 30mins...

I use Instagram allot more the FB and so Yeah!! they can big growing allot faster

14. Carlos X

Carlos X Resident

+167
    Then take the time to do so. Choose the right threads to put into FP social accounts. It really does not have to be as hard as you make it out to be.

I used to run more than a few Twitter accounts. They work, you just have to put in your own skin in the game.

15. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+302
    Yeah but it just has to be a consistent effort.

Look at this lol

upload_2019-1-29_19-41-37.png

A 4 month gap with no tweets.

16. Jason76

+468
    Social media will take money - at least FB will.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Empire

+2,298
    @Ajay I know right an it does look very bad lol but once they start using it we should see some tweets every couple of hours and everyday lol

18. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+302
    I don’t even see these staff on every couple of hours.

19. Empire

+2,298
    that's since they all based in the same time zones, When it's morning for me as I'm based in the UK there is no staff. Even to mention that there is only three users on lol

20. Cam

+1,045
    Clearly what we're trying to correct.

No one expects anyone to login every two hours.

• Like Like x 1