Soft Deleting Posts

Discussion in 'News Center' started by Cam, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Cam

Cam Owner Administrator Owner

+1,045
    Howdy,

Let's continue the trend of utilizing the announcements forum for small changes, as we prepare for the big changes that are on the way. As you guys are well aware, we've all been discussing allowing our registered users to soft delete their posts. Initially, we wanted to have this as a feature that members can purchase from the shop, but it has become clear that the vast majority of individuals were not in favor of that.

With that being said, all registered users should now have the ability to soft delete their posts, but this is limited to replies only. When it comes to deleting topics that you create, you will still have to report the particular topic to have it potentially deleted. We did this in order to cater to the members who might have replied to your topic as well. Also, please keep in mind that users who choose to abuse this feature will have this ability taken away. As always, thank you for your continued support of Forum Promotion. Anyways, HAPPY HUMP DAY guys.

73962-Hump-Day.jpg

Warm regards,
    Cameron

• Love Love x 1
  2. Arvid

Arvid Addicted

+106
    Well. It's good enough. I do hope that it will someday expand to let us delete topics. Overall, thanks for listening to the community on soft deleting posts.

3. danthex

danthex GamingBoards.net King Community Team

+207
    Great, I'm glad we're able to give the community what they've told us they'd like to have from their feedback. It's always a positive experience working alongside the community to create change for the better. I hope this is a clear example of how seriously feedback from the community is taken, and I'd like to thank everyone for being patient while these changes were being implemented. Great job @Cameron Taylor, keep up the good work. :bluesquarecool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aaron

Aaron Forum Sponsor Forum Sponsor

+315
    It seemed odd having the option to delete my post. :p so this is why :D

5. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,298
    Delete an topic is an no no and so please members do not bring that idea up lol otherwise my replies to that topic will be removed forever. Now as it's been added how many of us will be using this option and will you use it allot? I think myself I might not use it and I haven't need to use it LOL

@Cameron Taylor was it an hard choice to make :p

6. Matthew

Matthew Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+127
    I love it! Is there anyway to force a reason or have a pre-selected list of reasons? I think that would be my only suggestion. Otherwise, works like a charm and I appreciate how you implemented it without a pay wall behind it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Empire

+2,298
    Next is to have permissions to remove other people's content :p joke

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Arvid

Arvid Addicted

+106
    I'd say deleting a topic is a "OH YEAH YEAH". I hate having to report my own thread/topic just to get it removed entirely.

9. Empire

+2,298
    Think about the end results to what will would happen and how the staff will think!

10. Azareal

Azareal Paragon

+341
    Climb over the perimeter walls, duck from the spotlights, hide from the guards, raise a fake replica of Cameron's iris to the scanner, climb in a vent, lower yourself with a rope from the ceiling just above the laser net, insert a USB into the server and delete the topic lol