someone purchase .com of FP ?

dotgician

Familiar Face
Feb 9, 2020
FP$
someone purchase .com of FP ?

Looks like someone purchased the .com version of ForumPromotion and threw up an old forum. I wonder how much traffic theyll take from this site? I know I go to .com a lot just out of habit...

Hacked

Reputable
Jul 2, 2019
FP$
I believe they changed their name lancebase but their domain is forumpromotion.com

Joshua Farrell

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
Actually, the domain redirects to https://www.lancebase.com/ . And from the looks of it, the structure to the forum doesn't even look like FP, let alone have the old userbase of it.

Joshua Farrell

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
Still going to lose a lot of traffic.
How so? A domain that has no search engine history, somehow out doing a forum that has deep search results?

dotgician

Familiar Face
Feb 9, 2020
FP$
The purchase of this domain was to take traffic of people going to this website.

Like me before I joined someone told me about forum promotion I typed it in with a .com and it was wrong site stating this domain is for sale.

Had to google it to get here.

I still catch myself sometimes typing in forumpromotion.com just as a habit with .com

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
The purchase of this domain was to take traffic of people going to this website.

Like me before I joined someone told me about forum promotion I typed it in with a .com and it was wrong site stating this domain is for sale.

Had to google it to get here.

I still catch myself sometimes typing in forumpromotion.com just as a habit with .com
Most of our traffic comes from Google anyway - I do not believe the sale of forum promotion.com is going to take any traffic away as the .com domain has never had an impact before in the years of FP, nor will it now.

Last edited:

Puppuccino

Member Team Leader
Aug 16, 2009
FP$
In the beginning it may have been a problem but FP has been around long enough that it’s really no issue. FP is very well indexed in Google anyway.

I’m sure the .com would try and be sold for a fortune so it’s not worth it. Besides .com is overrated.

TopSilver

Reputable
Mar 16, 2019
www.mindpiff.com
FP$
I noticed that forum about 3 months ago or so. Not a big deal. Forum promotion will more than likely be unaffected by anything as far as that goes.

Cameron.

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
There have been many different individuals/companies sitting on the ForumPromotion.com domain for many years now. I know Fergal discussed purchasing the domain like a decade ago, but the seller wanted $x,xxx or something crazy for it. I've also looked into buying it since I became the owner, but I've never felt that their asking price was remotely reasonable.

Reactions: TopSilver and tdbnz

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
but the seller wanted $x,xxx or something crazy for it. I've also looked into buying it since I became the owner, but I've never felt that their asking price was remotely reasonable.
Wish you did since it's meant for FP in away LOL but what it sounds like it's overpriced LOL

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
In advertising, assuming it's the USA, if you have a non-.com then you need emphasize the extension (.net, .biz whatever). However, ForumPromotion.net doesn't do that. However, it doesn't seem to be a big deal - but maybe confusing for some visitors.

Joshua Farrell

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
Slightly off topic (maybe not?) But I thought FP had just more than a .net domain? Could be thinking of when Fergal used to own it.
Cameron currently owns the .net, .org and .biz extensions of Forum Promotion.