Spending too much time in the internet

Alexandoy

Familiar Face
Dec 15, 2018
FP$
How many hours do you spend each day for your internet activities? I have read an article about addiction and I am thinking that some of the young people I know are addicted to the internet particularly to social media. Do you think that spending too much time in the computer (or mobile gadget) is detrimental not only to your physical health but also to mental health?

Jon

Networking enthusiast
Administrator
I spend quite a large sum of my time on the internet, and while I'm working I'm glued to someone else's screen. I view it the same as anything else, too much of one thing is no good. We need self-discipline to limit ourselves from going overboard. I try and take nature walks on the weekend to escape the internet realm for a while, it's also nice relaxing out of the city rush. I also work-out to keep my body in shape while listening to audiobooks to keep my mind in shape at the same time, it's a nice relief.

D

Deleted member 8254

I used to spend lot of time in Internet doing nothing, just loading few sites again and again. Watch few videos and move on. But now i have started to read books, and i hope i control my Internet time.

Elli

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jan 20, 2019
ellimccale.com
FP$
The internet is literally my job, so... I'm on it at least 8 hours a day, but usually more than that since I come home and either play games or keep coding. I don't spend much time with social media, a quick check maybe once or twice a day between Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

I have been spending too much time on Reddit, though. That's been making it hard for me to concentrate on other things.

Joshua Farrell

Forum Stock Market General Manager
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Lately, 2-5 hours max as I have been enjoying company around the house more often, so my internet time is really just watching movies from my subscription services.