Solved Staff for FP feedback!

Discussion in 'Solved Archive' started by MasterGamer, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterGamer

MasterGamer Package Team Member Package Team

+381
    So I know the thread title is a bit off what I was trying to say was just a follow up on my old post which can be found here. is that I applied for many jobs on here and its really sad like I really like FP and and everyone does like this place and many one I could be a staff member here but the thing is that when you apply why does it take a year to get feedback on your application on here for staff and then you come know you aren't selected like I applied for the review team I get something your application is under process...package team your application is under no that's the thing I want to talk about I want to talk about the same thing I talked about last time why don't you guys tell like the users sorry your application wasn't selected or something please apply again in the near it really makes a person loses self esteem. like I remember applying for the CT like a years ago I used to apply and get this message thank you for application you were selected however if we need anymore people we would like have you own board. So what I am thinking is either FP needs new staff team members and I don't mean this is a bad why I just want to see some good ol change on here like it was before.

Thank you for reading.

Real Santa (Hacked)

2. Lucky!

Lucky! sudo rm -rf / Administrator

+466
    First off, the my inner grammar Nazi is raging right now because your entire post has only three full stops and an ellipsis. :banghead:

Secondly, I would like to break down your post to make it easier to answer.

I don't like hyperboles when trying to make a point. It doesn't take a year to get feedback on applications. If anything, it's always been a week for me. When I was a team leader for the RT and the CT, I always tried to give notice that I received the application as soon as it was sent. Other than that, I sent the rejection notice, without reasoning, if the user wasn't chosen.

In all of my years on FP and the many times I have applied to the teams, the TL has ALWAYS advised that if I wasn't selected that I should apply the next time or even apply for another team, if one were to be hiring.

If not getting a staff position on a forum lowers your self-esteem, you need help. It's no big deal, really. Apply again in the future or don't. A word of advice, if you want a position on the PT, please work on your grammar-it's horrific.

While I agree that there are a few team members that are not pulling their own weight on the team, replacing everyone wouldn't be the way to go about this. Do I think that there are a few team members that should be replaced, yes. I believe there are very solid people on FP right now that if put in a staff position could do wonders. However, I don't see that happening.

I don't want to say too much because I have different views than that of most of the "leaders" on FP and I don't want to say the wrong thing.

3. MasterGamer

+381
    Yea I was actually Grammarly before this but they kept spamming everything did gonna re install again thought. And I agree there a a lot good of staff team on here at the moment and I didn't mean replacing everyone just a few team like taking it off FP or adding a few more members to the team could have a balance on the staff team so the weight of the few staff members who are letting the team can be a balanced.

4. MasterGamer

+381
    Also I would you guys Opinion on this thank you.

5. Lucky!

+466
    Snipping quote as to not make future quote nests a mile long

To be honest, the teams are kind of a shit show right now. The PT is under Hissae2, who is a good PTL and has been in his years of holding the position. I feel with the addition of Teg (♥) and having Jason on the team, those are very solid members to have on the team. They are able to pump out packages like no tomorrow.

The RT is being worked on by @Joshua Farrell. I feel there is a lot of work to be done here in order to get the value of the reviews to where they were years ago when I was RTL and before that. I am curios to see where he takes it and who he chooses to be the new RTL.

Now we have the CT. There is a lot of work that could be done. The community team used to be the backbone of the community, the green martians were everywhere back in the day and out and about in the community. Now, they are dormant, which isn't a good look for the "community team". What happened to the CTL, the CT is one of the teams that needs a CTL and it's apparent there isn't one.

Also, why do all of the TLs have moderator user ranks? Shouldn't they have the colors that tie them to their team, just a different user text saying "Package Team Director" or something?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lord Saru

Lord Saru Heart and Hands

+436
    Thats a new system of staffing that was brought in recently. These are actually backdoor changes, and believe me, these changes are working exceptionally well.

There are some downfalls, I acknowledge, but they have long term benefits that makes the system worth keeping.

7. Lucky!

+466
    Lol, okay. We see how well that panned out with the RT and CT lol

8. Lord Saru

+436
    The RT is beibg worked on. The issue is not with the staff structure but something else.

The CT, I am sure is successfull in keeping a lot of threats within the member base as well as outside it in line with the regulations howmuch ever you disagree with. There are a few issues and this is being looked into.

9. Lucky!

+466
    Ya don't say, that's your job after all. Your other job is to be as active and involved with the community, without being dead weight on the team, as possible. I have been on FP for many years and this is by far the absolute worst community team I have seen.

What you need is someone with actual leadership abilities to take charge and align the team to where it was in its prime, because this isn't it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Lord Saru

+436
    Ah yes. I was on your team actually and doesnt want to say what happened while you were the CTL. I am going to refrain replying further to maintain decorum. Rest assured, a close watch will be kept.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MasterGamer

+381
    Thread going out of topic kinda.

12. Rick Ace

Rick Ace Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+211
    This thread is a personal matter between RealSanta and the TLs. If you weren't contacted about the applications, feel free to contact me, and I can help you out with this. :)

The thread has run its course (and has slightly swayed off-topic).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hissae2

Hissae2 Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+331
    @RealSanta I believe Rick Ace has already addressed your concerns but if you have any more questions or concerns please feel free to send me a PM. :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.