Thank You

Discussion in 'New to FP?' started by KittyPaws, Apr 1, 2015.

1. KittyPaws

KittyPaws Familiar Face

+0
    Many thanks to Arthur Wo for helping me get my registration straightened out. What would we do without gmail Spam boxes (LOLOL). My activation went there and I could not log in. Found it this morning though and I'm here.

2. Scarface

Scarface Paragon

+2
    Welcome onboard.

3. KittyPaws

KittyPaws Familiar Face

+0
    Forum Promotion

I was looking for a way to advertise our forum under the Beehive/HanginOut umbrella of forums. I wasn't looking for a pay package, just perhaps a board that's viewed by many where I can post links to the 2 forums I have. Is that what your promotion directory is for?

EDIT: LOL -- I think answered my own question -- I just saw the # of posts in the left-hand column.

Thanks

4. Lorcan

Lorcan Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+3
    Re: Forum Promotion

Hey Kitty, yes you can promote your forum in the promotion director once you reach 5 posts here at FP, post around and make yourself at home. :)

5. KittyPaws

KittyPaws Familiar Face

+0
    Thank you for the welcome Scarface. Have you been here for awhile -- are you a member or one of the moderators?

-- 01 Apr 2015, 11:14 --

Thanks for the welcome Lorcan.

Is there a way to be notified via email of post responses here at FP?<br /><br />-- 01 Apr 2015, 11:18 --<br /><br />Think I just found that too -- I'd been going back up to the top of the page to the POST REPLY, but just now found the one at the bottom of the posts. I also found the notify me of replies.

So, now that I've checkmarked that, hopefully I will get a email of any posts to me. I didn't want to stay logged in forever and not be able to sleep

6. Lorcan

Lorcan Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+3
    Thats no problem, if you emails are going to spam, make sure to add donotreply@forumpromotion.net to your white list and mark not spam so that it goes into your regular inbox.

7. KittyPaws

KittyPaws Familiar Face

+0
    Would you believe I do not know how to do that re: the white list when it comes to gmail. I'll just to to the site I guess and move it from spam to inbox. It does give the NOT SPAM option. Normally I have it piped through my Thunderbird account and it comes down the pike.<br /><br />-- 01 Apr 2015, 12:10 --<br /><br />Lorcan -- I googled how do I whitelist addresses in gmail and found my answer. I think I've got you all covered now so you'll come to my regular inbox. Thanks for that information.

KittyPaws

8. John

John Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+877
    Welcome to FP! Feel free to ask any questions you may have :)

9. KittyPaws

KittyPaws Familiar Face

+0
    LOL -- seems like I have quite a few questions. Thank you though.

10. KittyPaws

KittyPaws Familiar Face

+0
    Thanks for the nice welcome Cierra -- were you as lost as I am when you first came here (ROFLMAO)!

11. Practical

Practical Certified Loser

+7
    Welcome to FP, KittyPaws! :)

12. Hissae2

Hissae2 Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+342
    Welcome to FP :) If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here or PM anyone in green :)

13. Lucky!

Lucky! sudo rm -rf / Retired Admin

+602
    Welcome to ForumPromotion, KittyPaws! If you need anything, we're here :)

14. KittyPaws

KittyPaws Familiar Face

+0
    Thanks for the welcome Hissae2. Nice to be here.<br /><br />-- 01 Apr 2015, 22:02 --<br /><br />Lucky -- I made a post to you a while ago and now I'm unable to find it. Is there a SEARCH feature so I can view the posts I've submitted? It was about the Zeta package I was notified about being completed.

15. Migi

Migi Phantom Thief Lv. N00B Retired Admin

+339
    Hello and welcome! It seems that you are pretty busy ever since trying to register here, haha. Well, like you have done so far, feel free to ask whenever you need help. Enjoy the stay! :)

16. KittyPaws

KittyPaws Familiar Face

+0
    Hi Migi -- nice to meet you, I'm KittyPaws. I notice that you are a Team Leader. I have a couple of questions I wonder if you could answer for me. I applied for the Zeta "package" and was notified I was approved and also heard from Lorcan it had been "completed." All that time, I was expecting to get a "package," but he explained it truly wasn't that just what you all called it. He has visited our forum -- so what happens now? I would ask him, but I feel like I'm bombarding him with questions and just hate to bother him. If I could just get a grip on the "process," it would help to know this site better and know what to expect, if anything. I also saw that my forum promotion of KittyPaws was approved -- could that alone bring in some new members for us?

17. pandaa

pandaa Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2
    Hey, welcome to FP! :)

18. KittyPaws

KittyPaws Familiar Face

+0
    Thanks for the welcone pandaa! Nice to meet you too. I see Battlefield Forums -- like Civil War Battlefields? I live not far from one -- Pea Ridge, Arkansas.

19. Hissae2

Hissae2 Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+342
    A package just means posts on your forum. The package has been completed, which means the Package Team has finished making posts on your forum. For the zeta package, they should have made one topic and two posts. There's nothing else you need to do.

I hope this answers your question. :)