The Battle to be Different

Discussion in 'Promotion Tricks & Help' started by Jason76, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Packager Package Team

+316
    Forums/Blogs are always wanting to be unique but how much is needed? How unique do you want to be?

2. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,806
    Right to the point that no one knowns if it's real or not. But would it make then join? depends on what it is, Like gaming forum that does or offers new games for them to play as beta testers

3. Jason76

+316
    Right, looks are good, but not the motivator to stay. But bad looks could drive people away from a forum with good material.

But then again, good looks could be copying other people. Visitors don't really care as far as it being criteria to reject something. However, just for the owner's fancy, I think he/she wants something unique cause it's fun, not boring.

4. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,806
    unique is hard to come across

• Like Like x 3
  5. Jason76

+316
    Maybe not totally unique, but approaching it!

6. IntoxNitram

IntoxNitram Reputable

+46
    It's a balance thing, I want to be unique with my project - which is why I keep changing things round since I started until I settle on something. I think I've got something decently unique, but you don't want too unique to the point where it's too difficult for people to grasp.

7. Jason76

+316
    Some incredibly unique things are bashed by some as weird. But sometimes you have to have guts and just ignore them.

8. Corzhens

Corzhens Addicted

+76
    There is one forum that is very ordinary or but somewhat unique in some ways. It is a forum on general discussions like anything under the sun. But what makes it unique is the ease of posting because the topics are understandable by the masses so discussions are dynamic. I admit that I enjoy going to that forum just for the learning that I get and, of course, the interaction that gives me a feeling that I have shared something sensible.

9. Jason76

+316
    Niche forums aren't too much fun for those outside the niche - in many cases.

Anyway, I won't name niches - cause I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings!

• Like Like x 1
  10. danthex

danthex GamingBoards.net King

+37
    As unique as possible, without over-doing it or swaying from the general purpose of the forum. For example: http://GamingBoards.net/ is meant to bring gamers together from around the world, so no one has to let that fun game collect dust any longer because you don't have any friends to play it with - we want to fix that, for good! We understand there is plenty of competition out there, however we're willing to put up the fight until we reach the top, and we'd love to pull it off all while being unique as possible. :couchpotato:

11. Bry89

Bry89 Resident

+77
    This will be much harder for those under the general community sector when, to my eyes, they're all the same. Of course each one would have different niches to one another but is it really enough for one to outshine the others?