The Facebook Era is Over

Discussion in 'Intellectual Talk' started by Empire, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Nightblood

Nightblood Familiar Face

+10
    Honestly Facebook is for sure apart of everyday life. There's absolutely no other social media outlet that is just an all in one platform. It has the best means of communication, you can start a business on it, build an art portfolio, start a fb group to build into whatever you please, organize events thoroughly, it helps you remember birthdays, and for majority, nearly our entire life is within Facebook.

The only thing I hate that social media has done, is how easy it is to build a company. You need a minimum IQ of like 50. So it does suck that businesses aren't looked at seriously enough anymore as literally everyone you meet has some sort of business they're trying to start on facebook.

2. wallet

wallet New Arrival

+3
    I am sorry but I don't agree with you, maybe we people over 40 years old, maybe we will not find satisfaction in the future but don't forget that new generation is coming from behind and they are crazy after Internet, Games and social media sites.

3. Nightblood

Nightblood Familiar Face

+10
    I know plenty of people over 40 that also use Facebook, so that might just be a personal thing for you. I wouldn't speak for your age group on that.

4. Azareal

Azareal Paragon

+146
    Not quite. I hear that you can only reach 1% of your followers organically on it, to really reach everyone, you have to give Zuckerberg $$$. This was done deliberately to squeeze businesses.
    He has been losing money. An absolutely terrifying amount of money, Facebook's stock fell like a rock. But, I think that in part has to do with the fact that Facebook is no longer the shiny new thing which may grow like crazy, but a solid business.

The investors were delusional from the start, pumping in far more money than they could ever hope to get from the thing.
    Unless, he plans on expanding into some alien empires, he isn't going to be getting anymore users. China don't want him, despite his attempts to curry favour with them.

That doesn't mean the stock won't go back up however.
    The stock market is a horribly turbulent thing.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  5. Beerus

Beerus Acquaintance

+7
    I haven't used the site but for a 2-month span back in like 2008. I am shocked it is still going but at the same time, I really shouldn't be surprised.