The FP Story: 1,000,000 Posts

D

Deleted member 25872

I brought this out so that those who haven't been on FP for long can read the story.
I could write up a revamped version. @Lämmchen - do you think this would be a useful addition to the community at Forum Promotion? It could take some time to dig through and see who's been on the team since the author published the story.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
I could write up a revamped version. @Lämmchen - do you think this would be a useful addition to the community at Forum Promotion? It could take some time to dig through and see who's been on the team since the author published the story.

I have a lot of the information that's needed but it's not a priority at this time.

Empire

President Of Fourm Promotion
Gamma Premium
That's going to take time to do, An hell of a time

Puppuccino

Sponsored Content
FP$
What a fucking throwback. Not sure why I was Mr. Skellington back then. Thinking it had something to do with holidays lmao. Good times.

I can see that I'm listed as one of the reviewers back then.

Using a very old name, Cocoa. I was Dan for a very long time but my account has had a few changes over the years.

Gosh, I wish FP could go back to the 2009 days, phpBB and the services etc. What a time to be alive.

Bring back the review team I say.

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
FP$
I can see that I'm listed as one of the reviewers back then.

Using a very old name, Cocoa. I was Dan for a very long time but my account has had a few changes over the years.

Gosh, I wish FP could go back to the 2009 days, phpBB and the services etc. What a time to be alive.

Bring back the review team I say.
Ohh shit, I think I remember your old name. I agree, old FP was the best.

Ozzy47

Package Team Leader
Package Team
Community Team
Gamma Premium
It felt more of a community back then rather than a business.

Can you explain what it is that makes it feel like a business now? I’d like for everyone to have cit feel like a family.

Van1lla ™

Seasoned Veteran
Did he not have another fan forum too? I want to say The Walking Dead? Probably wrong on that one. Ozzy, for a start, we are commenting on a post that celebrated FP hitting a milestone won by the community. Now it seems there is this professional rhetoric as if what this forum provides is an offical regulated service to websites. As @Matthew has agreed with me, I wonder how many other older members feel this way? Could be why they are not coming back, as there isn't the community feelling they left behind orginally.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Did he not have another fan forum too? I want to say The Walking Dead? Probably wrong on that one. Ozzy, for a start, we are commenting on a post that celebrated FP hitting a milestone won by the community. Now it seems there is this professional rhetoric as if what this forum provides is an offical regulated service to websites. As @Matthew has agreed with me, I wonder how many other older members feel this way? Could be why they are not coming back, as there isn't the community feelling they left behind orginally.

The Community Feel can mean different things to different people. On Christianity Haven it means having friends tell you they'll pray for you when you're hurting, ask you about your dinner or hike, and congratulate you when things go well...besides having good theological discussions.

What specific things gave the old FP a community feel that it's lacking now?

Xyphien

Addicted
I really loved forumhour, it's why I made my webmaster site based around the same concept with the ad banner. So many great sites have come and gone from this forum it's crazy.

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
I really loved forumhour, it's why I made my webmaster site based around the same concept with the ad banner. So many great sites have come and gone from this forum it's crazy.

@pandaa messed up selling it to a crazy person. I forgot who he was, but there was so much drama going on over there with the new owner at the time. He eventually got mad and just decided he would delete the forum altogether and move on. Refused to sell it to anyone else. I know me and a few other people offered plenty for it.

Not entirely sure but I know his Futurama Fan Forum is down too. Also, 100% agree.

He sold that forum forever ago. Crazy that it didn't continue.

Xyphien

Addicted
@pandaa messed up selling it to a crazy person. I forgot who he was, but there was so much drama going on over there with the new owner at the time. He eventually got mad and just decided he would delete the forum altogether and move on. Refused to sell it to anyone else. I know me and a few other people offered plenty for it.
Yeah, I believe I quit when it was sold. Pandaa made that forum awesome! I'm hoping to have something similar going on with mine without the selling drama XD It really sucks though because it was such a great site with a lot of TLC put into it!