• Guest, we are pleased to inform you that Forum Promotion has been integrated with Discord. This means no matter where you are you can always stay connected to Forum Promotion. You can connect your Discord account to Forum Promotion by going to you account connected-accounts or by Clicking here. Once your account is connected and if you are part of the FP's Discord, you will automatically be given a role "Approved Users". And when ever a thread/post is created a notication will be posted in #new-threads and #new-posts.

The Internet is GONE!

IkaBula

Addicted
Feb 23, 2017
FP$
If you woke up tomorrow and the internet was gone, what would you think?
what would you do?

Tbh, I have nothing online I'm particularly invested in....So I'd probably just go outside and enjoy the day...Though, the days are getting colder here, so that's dependant.
I think I'd secretly actually be pretty happy.

Steve Jobs

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 15, 2016
FP$
Call the cable company and tell them it is gone and to fix it ASAP.

Steve Jobs

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 15, 2016
FP$
But it's not gone. It's GONE!
Like never coming back.
Oh.

I would probably kill myself.
Rational answer if I've ever seen one. Nice.
You must understand, everything I do is online. My company is a strictly online company, my only source of revenue is only online. So, if the Internet went GONE, then I am basically just a cluster of living cells. I could not go out and be a construction worker, or do physically labor intensive jobs (okay, I could but I really hate sweating)

Reactions: John

IkaBula

Addicted
Feb 23, 2017
FP$
But it's not gone. It's GONE!
Like never coming back.
Oh.

I would probably kill myself.
Rational answer if I've ever seen one. Nice.
You must understand, everything I do is online. My company is a strictly online company, my only source of revenue is only online. So, if the Internet went GONE, then I am basically just a cluster of living cells. I could not go out and be a construction worker, or do physically labor intensive jobs (okay, I could but I really hate sweating)
Sweating is the worst. I work a physical job, but it's in a Fridge at 2C...Come work with us! :p

But yeah, I get it! As I did say I really have nothing invested online - for you it's a totally different ball game.
It's almost like for me, if life became entirely virtual...Oh wait, that's already happening?

John

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Dec 11, 2014
America
FP$
I'd be ****ed.

John

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Dec 11, 2014
America
FP$
I'd be ****ed.
In what way?
In all honesty, life runs around the Internet. Without it, I wouldn't be able to send emails to people at work, host meetings from my house without having to go to work, or actually have up to date information on what's going on in the world. We don't think about it, but the Internet has become an essential to modern life.

IkaBula

Addicted
Feb 23, 2017
FP$
I'd be ****ed.
In what way?
In all honesty, life runs around the Internet. Without it, I wouldn't be able to send emails to people at work, host meetings from my house without having to go to work, or actually have up to date information on what's going on in the world. We don't think about it, but the Internet has become an essential to modern life.
It has.
But I refuse to believe society could not adapt back away from it.

In fact, it'd be probably be healthier that we did.

Last edited:

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Retired Admin
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
Cry :laughing:

Then I'd start searching for a new job... but I couldn't do it online so I don't know how I would O_O

Empire

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
It won't affect me! it will affect the world. War will start! People will start to eat themselves since supermarkets tend to get all there stock online. The world will stop if the internet goes off. No more posts since they all work together though the internet. Plans will just stop and crash! why? they run on smart Computers that needs some internet to connect with there network.

It's like an zombie apocalypse

• Agree
Reactions: Steve Jobs