Suggestion There needs to be a fix for this....

Pennywise

Madly Diligent
I think there needs to be something done with the Package team. My package has sat there, untouched for nearly a month since it has been accepted. I understand when someone has an emergency and is unable to log in for a couple of days or what have you. I understand that crap happens in real life that you just have to deal with so you can't log in every single day. I get it. When you only have one PT member working to do packages, that just makes matters worse.

Can someone hire some more PTM's so that @Jason76 isn't the only one completing packages? Or can some of the other staff jump in to help this person when things start getting backed up?

I'm not here to finger point at any specific person or anything like that. I'm just asking if someone can't offer a little bit of help to the packager team, especially since there is only one person on the team at the moment.

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Cameron opened up the Packaging Services to all members back in August to encourage members to assist in completing packages in a timely manner.

I haven't jumped in on them since it was opened up to members because I wanted to give them the chance to do them if they desired. I'm sorry your package sat there for so long. You're right that we need more people to work the packages.

D

Deleted member 45866

I mind @Jason76 telling me on another Thread that he was the only one on the Team doing all of the Packages and that the Team was pretty much dead.

And you know, that's honestly, bloody sad. Jason is stuck doing all of the Posting by himself. No other Members have came to fill in the empty seats and again, Jason is just stuck on his own. Filling in for everyone like he's the only one there doing all of the work. Kind of like a dying restaurant. All of the other Staff have left. There is only you(The Owner) and the Chef(Jason76). The Owner is stuck doing all of the watering while Jason is trying to cook all of the meals all by himself.

This is another prime example of how much FP has died. I think it's best to remove the Package-Team completely if there is only one person doing everything. Either that or Cameron tries to get more people on board for it.

TechWiz18

Seasoned Veteran
Dec 18, 2008
United States, MI
gabaton.com
FP$
From experience, the Package Team is extremely difficult to get team members for these day's. I believe this particular team has always had high turnover but the problem I have with the reward being FP$ is the lack of available services here on FP.
I remember when paying FP$ for Signature Ads in staff signatures was a thing. I know there are some services available in the shop but I think it'd be beneficial to at least add a redirect forum for things like the Sticky Ads service. Bring in a link cloud service or even a redirect service where folks pay FP$ to have a redirect forum on the Index that points to their site...

Hey guys/gals. I'm happy to do this for nothing - but in order to attract new members, there should be a money incentive (as in real money).
I think you will get members doing it but the rewards are so small that it's no point for them to wast there own time unless they are willing to help out for free. Regards real money! Most sites and even FP don't have the crash to able to do so.. and end of the day members are offing there own services with real cash and that boards are dead

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
I think you will get members doing it but the rewards are so small that it's no point for them to wast there own time unless they are willing to help out for free. Regards real money! Most sites and even FP don't have the crash to able to do so.. and end of the day members are offing there own services with real cash and that boards are dead
You can usually hire people to post for 0.20 a post - at the most. There isn't that many packages so probably the forum could afford it.

You can usually hire people to post for 0.20 a post - at the most. There isn't that many packages so probably the forum could afford it.
How many sites that can afford or should say how many owners can afford it?. My site used to have cash (own paypal) but over time it has gotten lower and lower to the point that it's now in it's reserve. And harder to earn that back

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
How many sites that can afford or should say how many owners can afford it?. My site used to have cash (own paypal) but over time it has gotten lower and lower to the point that it's now in it's reserve. And harder to earn that back
10 forums wanting packages - assuming they're all Ruby - with 0.20 a post paid to writers would be $16 a month for the forum. I don't think that's a big deal - if the forum owner is really serious about - getting things moving!

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
I agree but what if it doesn't? I have paid over $150 just in people making content and still hard to grow.

What I'm saying is FP is not alone, there are a lot of websites that is just well??? dead or not as active
Well, you shouldn't advertise stuff you can't deliver - no offense to anyone. But I like Cameron and his site - I hope things can do better soon.

Pennywise

Madly Diligent
I've stepped in to do a few packages since Cameron opened that up to members of the community but I have yet to receive any FP $ or anything for the posting I've done. I understand I haven't done a whole lot of posting, just a little bit here and there.

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
I have paid over $150 just in people making content and still hard to grow.
To make a website truly grow would require massive social media marketing. However, unless your marketing to the third world - who can afford it? I mean, it took $2,500 (around that) to grow my drum lesson page (US, UK traffic etc..) to 10,000 likes.

Now social media provides a pool of people you can use over and over again for traffic and possibly future forum members.