Thoughts on Going to Jail

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
It does change your perspective a bit when someone close to you goes to jail. I was kind of relieved when my son went because I felt he was safer than being out on the streets although he did get beaten up once in prison. Some people see it as easy in there but it really wasn't. Sharing an open toilet with a guy he shared a cell with and then finding him hanging by a dressing gown cord from a pipe in the cell must have been pretty traumatic.

It's cruel to keep people in a cage. Well, people need to raise children to respect authority. But I do realize pain and hurt causes a lot of crime, but those people still have to respect authority.

Last edited:
Reactions: sprite1950

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
I look back on those days when I was raising kids and for the life of me I cannot understand why they turned out so differently. My son was a person who loved risk and danger, he thrived on it whereas my daughter was just the opposite and liked a quiet life. One of them ended up in prison and the other got a great job and got married. I raised them both with my values and I don't know how I could have done anything differently.

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
I look back on those days when I was raising kids and for the life of me I cannot understand why they turned out so differently. My son was a person who loved risk and danger, he thrived on it whereas my daughter was just the opposite and liked a quiet life. One of them ended up in prison and the other got a great job and got married. I raised them both with my values and I don't know how I could have done anything differently.

A bad crowd could hurt someone even if raised good by parents.

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
A bad crowd could hurt someone even if raised good by parents.
You would think so wouldn't you but no. He had really nice law abiding friends (who later abandoned him) and bad friends too. He chose to run with the bad friends who took him down that rocky road to addiction. He found them exciting .. but in the end it was his choice.

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
You would think so wouldn't you but no. He had really nice law abiding friends (who later abandoned him) and bad friends too. He chose to run with the bad friends who took him down that rocky road to addiction. He found them exciting .. but in the end it was his choice.

Law abiding people can be judgmental, self righteous - and certainly not fun. Being a bad person can be someone who obeys the law all the time.

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
Law abiding people can be judgmental, self righteous - and certainly not fun. Being a bad person can be someone who obeys the law all the time.
I suppose but it wasn't really like that. They were just kids finding their way in life and most of them turned out okay. The bad people definitely weren't law abiding, They were dangerous and many of them are dead or in prison now.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$

So can criminals. Sometimes they're the biggest hypocrites. I find it very hypocritical that people who broke the laws are trying to enforce some code of morality. They have no room to talk or point the finger at someone else that broke a different law. However, seeing as some prisoners who were abused emotionally, physically, and sexually by a pedophile growing up would be more motivated to strangle a child molester pretty quick because that would hit a nerve.

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
So can criminals. Sometimes they're the biggest hypocrites. I find it very hypocritical that people who broke the laws are trying to enforce some code of morality. They have no room to talk or point the finger at someone else that broke a different law. However, seeing as some prisoners who were abused emotionally, physically, and sexually by a pedophile growing up would be more motivated to strangle a child molester pretty quick because that would hit a nerve.

Well, the street justice thing shows that people have to have some kind of order,

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
My granddaughter's mother has been out of prison for 1 month tomorrow and has already had a recall letter because she failed to attend probation. Can people like this really be helped? She served 6 months of a 12 month sentence and will now have to serve the rest. I know she disliked it in prison so why risk going back?

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
My granddaughter's mother has been out of prison for 1 month tomorrow and has already had a recall letter because she failed to attend probation. Can people like this really be helped? She served 6 months of a 12 month sentence and will now have to serve the rest. I know she disliked it in prison so why risk going back?

Surely there not going to be that tough, unless she committed another crime.

I know she disliked it in prison so why risk going back?

They say rates of going back are high, so is jail/prison really the right punishment?

Last edited:

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
They say rates of going back are high, so is jail/prison really the right punishment?

Some people need to a lot of counseling to help them get on the right track.

Sometimes it only takes the right person to convince you and make you want to do right who shares the same opinion with people who you didn't listen to before.

I agree that the system doesn't care if you have mental and emotional issues going on that cause behavioral problems where the law is broken.