Thoughts on Polyamory or open Relationships?

Naiwen

Madly Diligent
Jun 28, 2010
mentalwellnesscafe.com
FP$
Well, it's my personal and most humble opinion that aside from the possibility to contract many STDs with multiple partners, it's immoral and unethical. I've had a few ex-friends who were in an open relationship and have been wanting me to accept it. I won't compromise my self-respect, dignity and integrity by stooping myself to their level. I don't know why they can't be satisfied with 1 unique life partner. Why do you have to be with multiple partners at once? It's hard for me to fathom and understand how they manage the jealousy, drama, fights and conflicts with multiple partners in an open relationship. I don't like this idea at all. How do you feel about this yourself? I feel strongly against it because it's highly immoral, unethical and disrespectful for me personally. But, what about you personally? Would you be in a open relationship or marriage? with several partners at once?

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
I tend to think it doesn't affect me in anyway whatsoever so I don't care. I have better uses for my time than to sit and worry about how others live their lives. If we all adopted a "not my business, I'm going to keep my nose out of it" outlook for things that really don't impact you, the world would be a much more simplistic environment without so much discord.

For me personally, I'm content with the one partner, 5 animals, and soon to be kid. That's just me though.

ZandraJoi

Package Team Member
Package Team
Jun 11, 2020
Michigan
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
People who know me & hopefully people here will soon, know that I ‘take that step back’.
For the polyamory, I like to think of WHY they do it. Some were abused & they have low self-esteem & don’t have a fight in them anymore. Some want ‘love’ & will get it from everybody & anybody, no matter the means. Some are ‘addicted’. Hey, if alcoholism can be labeled a ‘disease’ & ‘addiction’… Some really don’t care.
Years ago it was “immoral” for the wife to work outside the home.
Just giving people new & different perspectives.

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
Jealousy would be a big problem for both the male and female. Well, people do go with prostitutes, but the relationships are so shallow. There's not any real love.

Anyway, though, some have managed to handle polygamy. Mormons, for instance, do. Also, apparently it was legal in the Old Testament, not sure about the New.

Well, I figure people get bored with one spouse like they would if they had one video game or something.

DTForums

Familiar Face
Jul 2, 2020
UK
www.tapatalk.com
FP$
I don't care if consenting people do it but I do think it's liable to not work out well over time. Jealousy is bound to rear it's ugly head sooner or later.

As for promiscuity, I don't see the appeal, especially because of the STD risk.

Reactions: Jason76

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
This really wouldn't work for me or the majority of people. You would have to be completely emotionally detached from the people you were involved with to be able to keep up with this kind of relationship. I think the only way it could work is if there was no sex involved between any of the parties. Would that still even be an open relationship? Does sex have to be part of an open relationship.

I just googled it and polyamory refers to a long term relationship which can be sexual or otherwise. Interesting.

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
This really wouldn't work for me or the majority of people. You would have to be completely emotionally detached from the people you were involved with to be able to keep up with this kind of relationship. I think the only way it could work is if there was no sex involved between any of the parties. Would that still even be an open relationship? Does sex have to be part of an open relationship.

I just googled it and polyamory refers to a long term relationship which can be sexual or otherwise. Interesting.
It seems be a thing of women who want to keep men around that they are are not totally in love with - and also same true with men not in love totally.

The partner of the one totally not in love has not figured out how to bond on an emotional level with the person. Specifically they can't provide the needs the partner desperately wants, something that would make them fall in love head over heels. Well, this last paragraph might be only referring to the man. The woman could attract a man by just being herself, and her problems could make the man feel sorry for her, the man wanting to help her.

Last edited:

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
The Bible is full of polygamy and concubines. I don't how it worked then. I guess power from God.

Polygamy is not just confined to certain Christian denominations. Other religions such as Muslims, Pagans and people who are non religious also do it as well.

This guy slept with his wife's girlfriend and now they're all together. Yes, you guessed it! He's in a polygamist relationship. He's banging them both. I do think polygamy's just mostly sexual though more than it is for religious purposes anyway. But you can find tons of documentaries, Youtube videos, and articles online exploring it.

Last edited:

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
Polygamy is not just confined to certain Christian denominations. Other religions such as Muslims, Pagans and people who are non religious also do it as well.

This guy slept with his wife's girlfriend and now they're all together. Yes, you guessed it! He's in a polygamist relationship. He's banging them both. I do think polygamy's just mostly sexual though more than it is for religious purposes anyway. But you can find tons of documentaries, Youtube videos, and articles online exploring it.

a lot of guys want to bang many girls. A lot of guys are in love with more than one girl.

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
a lot of guys want to bang many girls. A lot of guys are in love with more than one girl.
Hold on to your nuts, Not every male are like that. Yes seen them and yes there are males that are like that but not all. I'm one of those guys who are into girls however I'm not interested in banging and having GF. In fact, rather be single.

also, it's not the only two choices, poly is very wide as a term, it should mean that you engage in a full relationship with other people and love is an option while in an open relationship usually it's open on the physical side only.

• Haha
Reactions: Terminated

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$

lol true. When I was married and my "needs" weren't being met. I used to think it'd be cool to be with more than one woman. I don't know how I feel about it now. Mainly because since my divorce I've dated and been with multiple girls from Tinder and they all come with their own set of problems. So if I were to have 2 women living under the same roof. That's double the problems I'd have to work with. If it's 3, than that's more issues and new problems. So I don't know. I'm thinking maybe I should just stay with one woman and deal with one set of problems.

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
lol true. When I was married and my "needs" weren't being met. I used to think it'd be cool to be with more than one woman. I don't know how I feel about it now. Mainly because since my divorce I've dated and been with multiple girls from Tinder and they all come with their own set of problems. So if I were to have 2 women living under the same roof. That's double the problems I'd have to work with. If it's 3, than that's more issues and new problems. So I don't know. I'm thinking maybe I should just stay with one woman and deal with one set of problems.
So you are one of the males that do and have, right. So so far with have some that are and have and others like myself that have not and aren't like that kind of male. Yet we learn and live on.

I do feel happy and great to see couples that have been together and meet as kids and then got married for years and or max 20 years and never had another love birds in their life.