Ticket Purchases

Discussion in 'Entertainment Discussions' started by Cameron, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Cameron

Cameron Owner Administrator Owner

+422
    I figured we could have a topic where we just share our recent ticket purchases, whether it's tickets to a concert, theater, sporting event, etc. Also, feel free to share how you purchased your tickets, and how much you paid. There's so many places to purchase tickets, whether it's Ticketmaster, StubHub, SeatGeek, etc.

Yesterday, I purchased two tickets to the Ed Sheeran concert at Nissan Stadium in Nashville. We've got the worst possible seats, but at least we're going. :p

2. Ajay

Ajay Review Director Moderators

+103
    I try to avoid TicketMaster and Stubhub. They both seem to charge extra fees. TickPick is a great app to check out, you can get all sorts of tickets on there and they don't charge you any extra fees. :p

I usually buy Knicks tickets off of TickPick.

3. Cameron

+422
    I saw an advertisement of TickPick on Instagram yesterday, but I doubted it was legitimate. I went with SeatGeek because I had a first time customer coupon code that I could use. I'm not sure what I'll be using in the future, but I'll definitely check TickPick out. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,874
    CAn't remember the last time I got an ticket other then a movie ticket lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cameron

+422
    Tell us what movies you’ve gone to see then. :p

6. Empire

+1,874
    Hmm, it was Dunkirk

7. Ajay

Ajay Review Director Moderators

+103
    It's legit. Their customer service is also excellent if you have any issues.

8. Cameron

+422
    That’s cool. How was it?

I downloaded it the other day, and pricing looks like it’s pretty close to the same as SeatGeek. There’s a couple tickets like $1-2 cheaper and $1-2 more than SeatGeek, but it’s mainly consistent.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Empire

+1,874
    very good true to life movie.

10. Haze

Haze Packager Staff Team

+53
    Halestorm in Birmingham, UK for myself! Can't wait, always wanted to see them!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fullmoon

Fullmoon Seasoned Veteran

+4
    Gigs:

Show Of Hands (Folk) Norwich
    Korpiklaani & Turisas (Folk Metal) London
    Warhorns Festival (Black & Folk Metal) Eggborough Power Station \m/
    Nightwish (Operatic, Metal) Krakow

And flights to Poland for a week :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cameron

+422
    I went to see Ed Sheeran, Snow Patrol, and Lauv at Nissan Stadium in Nashville last night. It was amazing. :)

13. Haze

Haze Packager Staff Team

+53
    Jelly, I love Snow Patrol. :( Ed Sheeran live is beastmode though!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cameron

+422
    Yeah, Snow Patrol is why I absolutely had to go to this concert.. I love Ed Sheeran too, but Snow Patrol is amazing.

I'm probably going to buy tickets to one of these cheaper Titans home games before the season is over. Haven't been to a NFL game in a long time.

15. Jerlene

Jerlene Seasoned Veteran Moderators

+155
    Ticketmaster is ridiculous with their fees but unfortunately we only use Ticketmaster here.
    My mom got my girlfriend two tickets to Lee Brice for her birthday. We need to wait till the end of November though. Ugh!

16. Cameron

+422
    Is there any other options as far as the resale market goes? For example, I buy tickets for Vanderbilt football games, and they sell their tickets through Ticketmaster, but I always buy them off the resale market for pretty cheap. Apps like TickPick and SeatGeek usually have far better prices, but I guess things are probably a little bit different in Hawaii. Anyways, some news headlines came out about Ticketmaster colluding with scalpers back in September.

17. Jerlene

+155
    I have no idea. We have one place where concerts are held. They only use Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster or the box office is the only place that's ever been available to us.

18. Cameron

+422
    Sounds like Ticketmaster basically has a monopoly there. Anyways, I've listened to a little bit of Lee Brice. His Hard to Love song is very popular.

19. edenwax

edenwax Up-and-Coming Sensation Staff Team

+66
    I hope we can find a proper way around Ticketmaster some day. Getting charged an arm and a leg for fees, and having them profit off of scalpers is just... so god damn frustrating lol.

Also how did you like Ed Sheeran? I saw him in Seattle at the end of August and it was amazing.

20. Jerlene

+155
    I only know 2 or 3 of his songs. I've tried listening to a bunch of his stuff but I can't really get into it. I'm really only going because my girlfriend loves country and she's never been to a concert.