Tiny House

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Has anyone watched Tiny House on TV? There's also a Tiny House Hunters as well.

Would you ever consider living in a tiny house? What couldn't you live without if you did move into one?

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
Like Badge
I've seen some of it. I doubt I would ever get to the point of living in a condition that would force me to live like that, so I doubt if I would live in one if I had to. Nice idea though if it is used for a business or something like that, if you had to be mobile or didn't have the money to build a full building for office space.

Elli

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jan 20, 2019
ellimccale.com
FP$
I love tiny houses! They're so cute, and environmentally efficient. Probably really easy to keep clean, too, since there's so little surface area.

I would live in one if I were less material. I keep a lot of personal items and storage totes, which necessitates more space than they afford. Although, you could probably get around that by renting a nearby storage unit. I also like having an attached garage to protect my car, whereas with a tiny house, you would have to park outside.

They seem like a great solution for lower-income individuals or couples.

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
I was watching a Tiny House Hunters episode and a couple ended up just going with a motorhome because it had more space than a regular tiny house. My relatives used to have motorhomes when I was younger and they did a lot of traveling. I think that if my goal was to travel I'd opt for the motorhome. But if I wanted to really downsize and lived on my own I'd look into a tiny dwelling but I would want one that's grounded securely in high winds. I saw a pic of a tiny house blown down because of strong winds and I don't want that to be me! The article mentioned there were cats inside with the owner! Can you imagine?
Ferocious winds take Teller County tiny home on a ride

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
I was watching a Tiny House Hunters episode and a couple ended up just going with a motorhome because it had more space than a regular tiny house. My relatives used to have motorhomes when I was younger and they did a lot of traveling. I think that if my goal was to travel I'd opt for the motorhome. But if I wanted to really downsize and lived on my own I'd look into a tiny dwelling but I would want one that's grounded securely in high winds. I saw a pic of a tiny house blown down because of strong winds and I don't want that to be me! The article mentioned there were cats inside with the owner! Can you imagine?
Ferocious winds take Teller County tiny home on a ride
That is nuts. I'd really be scared of living in a tiny house when there's a tornado or a severe thunderstorm.

Hammster

New Arrival
Apr 16, 2019
FP$

Would you ever consider living in a tiny house? What couldn't you live without if you did move into one?
I’m sure I could live in one. I kinda do, since I’m a truck driver. By my wife couldn’t do it. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Lämmchen

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$

I’m sure I could live in one. I kinda do, since I’m a truck driver. By my wife couldn’t do it. :)
What about with kids and pets? I know if I were alone it would be different but even my daughter's guinea pig cage stinks sometimes and I wouldn't want that all throughout my tiny house!

LutheranChick

New Arrival
Apr 16, 2019
FP$

I think tiny houses are super cute, and it's amazing how efficiently they use space, but personally, I don't think I could live in one full time. Maybe for a weekend getaway, but that's it. I need more space!

Reactions: Lämmchen

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$

I think tiny houses are super cute, and it's amazing how efficiently they use space, but personally, I don't think I could live in one full time. Maybe for a weekend getaway, but that's it. I need more space!
The weekend getaway would be fun if it was near a lake and have other things to do! I can't imagine being trapped in a thunderstorm in one of those things.