• Guest, we are pleased to inform you that Forum Promotion has been integrated with Discord. This means no matter where you are you can always stay connected to Forum Promotion. You can connect your Discord account to Forum Promotion by going to you account connected-accounts or by Clicking here. Once your account is connected and if you are part of the FP's Discord, you will automatically be given a role "Approved Users". And when ever a thread/post is created a notication will be posted in #new-threads and #new-posts.

Tiny House

Lämmchen

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Has anyone watched Tiny House on TV? There's also a Tiny House Hunters as well.

Would you ever consider living in a tiny house? What couldn't you live without if you did move into one?

Joshua Farrell

Prince Vegeta!
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
I've seen some of it. I doubt I would ever get to the point of living in a condition that would force me to live like that, so I doubt if I would live in one if I had to. Nice idea though if it is used for a business or something like that, if you had to be mobile or didn't have the money to build a full building for office space.

Elli

Reputable
Jan 20, 2019
ellimccale.com
FP$
I love tiny houses! They're so cute, and environmentally efficient. Probably really easy to keep clean, too, since there's so little surface area.

I would live in one if I were less material. I keep a lot of personal items and storage totes, which necessitates more space than they afford. Although, you could probably get around that by renting a nearby storage unit. I also like having an attached garage to protect my car, whereas with a tiny house, you would have to park outside.

They seem like a great solution for lower-income individuals or couples.

Lämmchen

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
I was watching a Tiny House Hunters episode and a couple ended up just going with a motorhome because it had more space than a regular tiny house. My relatives used to have motorhomes when I was younger and they did a lot of traveling. I think that if my goal was to travel I'd opt for the motorhome. But if I wanted to really downsize and lived on my own I'd look into a tiny dwelling but I would want one that's grounded securely in high winds. I saw a pic of a tiny house blown down because of strong winds and I don't want that to be me! The article mentioned there were cats inside with the owner! Can you imagine?
Ferocious winds take Teller County tiny home on a ride

Cammeh

Owner
Administrator
Owner
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
I was watching a Tiny House Hunters episode and a couple ended up just going with a motorhome because it had more space than a regular tiny house. My relatives used to have motorhomes when I was younger and they did a lot of traveling. I think that if my goal was to travel I'd opt for the motorhome. But if I wanted to really downsize and lived on my own I'd look into a tiny dwelling but I would want one that's grounded securely in high winds. I saw a pic of a tiny house blown down because of strong winds and I don't want that to be me! The article mentioned there were cats inside with the owner! Can you imagine?
Ferocious winds take Teller County tiny home on a ride
That is nuts. I'd really be scared of living in a tiny house when there's a tornado or a severe thunderstorm.

Hammster

New Arrival
Apr 16, 2019
FP$

Would you ever consider living in a tiny house? What couldn't you live without if you did move into one?
I’m sure I could live in one. I kinda do, since I’m a truck driver. By my wife couldn’t do it. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Lämmchen

Lämmchen

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Feb 10, 2019
FP$

I’m sure I could live in one. I kinda do, since I’m a truck driver. By my wife couldn’t do it. :)
What about with kids and pets? I know if I were alone it would be different but even my daughter's guinea pig cage stinks sometimes and I wouldn't want that all throughout my tiny house!

LutheranChick

New Arrival
Apr 16, 2019
FP$

I think tiny houses are super cute, and it's amazing how efficiently they use space, but personally, I don't think I could live in one full time. Maybe for a weekend getaway, but that's it. I need more space!

Reactions: Lämmchen

Lämmchen

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Feb 10, 2019
FP$

I think tiny houses are super cute, and it's amazing how efficiently they use space, but personally, I don't think I could live in one full time. Maybe for a weekend getaway, but that's it. I need more space!
The weekend getaway would be fun if it was near a lake and have other things to do! I can't imagine being trapped in a thunderstorm in one of those things.