Tires

Jon

GamingBoards.net King
Community Team
I usually have a set of tires for winter, and another set for summer. Although I may try to find a tire that handles both well enough that I don't need to continue swapping the tires, it adds up in costs. Although, of course, someone could argue that it's well worth it to keep yourself from sliding all over the road.

The last time I bought a new set of tires would have been a couple of years ago, and you're right, they're definitely not cheap!

Elli

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jan 20, 2019
ellimccale.com
FP$
I also have a summer and winter set. I'm supposed to swap them out because the wheels on my summer set are powder coated and the salt they throw on the roads here is harsh on that coating, but I've been too lazy the past two winters...

I bought my Jeep in Oct 2013, so none of the eight tires have needed replacing yet. There was a nail in one tire a few weeks ago, but the dealership patched it and hasn't been a problem.

Last edited:

Rick Ace

Seasoned Veteran
One of my tires went flat yesterday, and I ended up getting new tires for my whole car. Wasn't cheap but works out in the long run. When was the last time you got new tires?
Yeah, I had a similar situation. One of my tires started leaking despite the patch. Instead of repatching for a third time, I decided to take the safe route and replace them all.

Reactions: Elli
Well, we take trains in New York lol. :laughing: Driving is rather rare.
Same in London but taken an train to and from London in my location is like £30 if not more for one way ticket (three years train)

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
I end up changing my tires once every 2 years. I change them all at the same time, usually runs me around $800?
That seems really fast. Are they wearing out that quickly, or are you doing it proactively?
Honestly, a little bit of both. I do drive a lot, so they do wear out pretty quick. New York winters really take a toll on the tires with all the salt laid out on the ground.

Elli

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jan 20, 2019
ellimccale.com
FP$
Honestly, a little bit of both. I do drive a lot, so they do wear out pretty quick. New York winters really take a toll on the tires with all the salt laid out on the ground.
That makes sense, that salt destroys everything it touches that isn't the road. Maybe it's time to replace mine...

• Winner
Reactions: Ajay

VirusZero

Resident
Mar 17, 2010
endlessfight.net
FP$
I got new tires in 2016 when I bought my latest vehicle. I don't bother with switching between summer/winter tires, instead I just run a set of all seasons with a really aggressive tread. I ran a set of them on my previous vehicle too (which I had for 6 years before buying a new one) and they've served me pretty well in the snow.

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
One of my tires went flat yesterday, and I ended up getting new tires for my whole car. Wasn't cheap but works out in the long run. When was the last time you got new tires?
What brand tires did you end up with? I recently got new ones for my Hyundai and chose Goodyear and they are working well in the snow.