Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
I got the second dose recently and the side effects were fucking brutal.

Was it Moderna?

My mom got her second dose of Moderna like a week ago and she was sick for 2-3 days after. I’m not looking forward to that.

Talk Mental Health

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
I was born in 1950. The first polio jab was administered in 1954 so I could have got it. There was a girl in our street who had her legs in calipers where she had the disease. She could never run and play like other children and used to look from her garden gate at the rest of us. I will always be grateful to my parents for getting me vaccinated against horrible diseases. I have everything that's available to me these days and remain in very good health.

I'm glad you got vaccinated against it. I just wish anti vaxxers knew the struggles of those that got Polio and other dangerous diseases and died. I really do believe vaccines are the best weapon we have against deadly diseases.

Reactions: sprite1950

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
Was it Moderna?

My mom got her second dose of Moderna like a week ago and she was sick for 2-3 days after. I’m not looking forward to that.
Ooh that doesn't sound good. I have my second one coming up in a couple of weeks. I had no side effects with the first one so I'm hoping the second one will be the same. I had AstraZeneca.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
Ooh that doesn't sound good. I have my second one coming up in a couple of weeks. I had no side effects with the first one so I'm hoping the second one will be the same. I had AstraZeneca.

The nurse that gave me my shot mentioned that I might be out for a few days after I get my second dose. My mom had both of hers and she said she didn't get sick though. However, I felt crappy for a few days after the first dose.

Esper

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
FP$
Was it Moderna?

Pzifer. Everyone's reaction are different, like my friend only had soreness + fatigue for one day. While my SO and I had fatigue for like 3 - 4 days lol and slight chills. (And arm soreness ofc)

Reactions: Cam!

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
Second moderna shot is rough but that just means your immune system is doing it’s job. The 102.5 fever wasn’t fun though

Xyphien

Resident
Jul 25, 2012
www.Xyphien.com
FP$
Seeing as they haven't gone through actual testing and everyone getting them now are literally the human trial state I'll be waiting until we know the lasting, and long term effects from the vaccine :) I'll handle possible getting covid over having long term health effects with testing a vaccine that hasn't gone through the proper testing phases. There's a reason the CDC said it's allowed under emergency situations and not allowed completely.

Reactions: ZandraJoi

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
Seeing as they haven't gone through actual testing and everyone getting them now are literally the human trial state I'll be waiting until we know the lasting, and long term effects from the vaccine :) I'll handle possible getting covid over having long term health effects with testing a vaccine that hasn't gone through the proper testing phases. There's a reason the CDC said it's allowed under emergency situations and not allowed completely.
1) Uses existing tech to make the vaccine
2) 45 days is typically the incubation period for long term effects. FDA waited 60 before emergency use is granted.
3) Covid is showing more and more long term effects as time progresses. Many are being seen in the so called asymptomatic patients that have had it.
4) You aren’t going to grow a penis on your forehead.

• Haha
Reactions: Terminated

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
Second moderna shot is rough but that just means your immune system is doing it’s job. The 102.5 fever wasn’t fun though

That's what I've been told. My mom didn't get out of bed for 2-3 days after the second shot.

4) You aren’t going to grow a penis on your forehead.

Now that's disappointing.

• Haha
Reactions: Terminated

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
That's what I've been told. My mom didn't get out of bed for 2-3 days after the second shot.

Now that's disappointing.
It took me about 28 hours to get rid of the fever/chills. First shot, just had the most sore arm I’ve ever had. I can live with both. My seasonal allergies knock me out for longer periods lol

And I agree. Could’ve been fun.

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
One of my friends who had her first jab on the same day as I did has just been called for her second. We are around the same age so I'm expecting to be called any day. I actually feel really excited and can't wait to have maximum protection although I think it will take a couple of weeks before it kicks in.

I take lateral flows tests twice a week because I live with a school age child and from today every adult in England will be able to get them free of charge. They are quite unpleasant to do (lots of gagging and sneezing!) but it's reassuring to see that negative result.

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
Today I got my 2nd jab but I won't not be fully protected for 3 weeks. I didn't have to wait the full 12 weeks, they called me after 10. Picture is a bit blurry but I
had the AstraZeneca
Screenshot_2021-04-15 (no subject) - lynx1950 googlemail com - Gmail.png

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
So in other words it's going to knock me off my feet and down several flights of stairs. Fun fun.

Today I got my 2nd jab but I won't not be fully protected for 3 weeks. I didn't have to wait the full 12 weeks, they called me after 10. Picture is a bit blurry but I
had the AstraZeneca
View attachment 9110

I get mine at the end of the month. Since your second jab, how are you feeling right now?

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
So in other words it's going to knock me off my feet and down several flights of stairs. Fun fun.

I get mine at the end of the month. Since your second jab, how are you feeling right now?
Bit early to tell as I only had it a few hours ago but I didn't have any side effects with the first one. I don't think I've ever had a reaction to a vaccination and I get everything that's going. I'm lucky in that I usually have very good health.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
Has anyone noticed a trend with age having a role in reaction to the vaccine? My dad is in his 70s and said neither of the shots made him feel any differently than normal. He had Moderna.
I’m sure the CDC would notice any trends in data if that were the case. I don’t think any of our circles are large enough to be able to make a determination like that. I’ve seen older people have reactions and no reactions. I’ve also seen younger individuals have reactions and no reactions. I’ve seen people react to Pfizer and people react to moderna. I reacted to moderna but my mom had no reaction and we are very similar medically.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
Has anyone noticed a trend with age having a role in reaction to the vaccine? My dad is in his 70s and said neither of the shots made him feel any differently than normal. He had Moderna.

My girlfriend is a CNA at a nursing home. She said they dosed all of the residents with the Moderna vaccine. The reactions were different for all of them. Some got sick and others didn't show any symptoms after they got vaccinated.

Reactions: Lämmchen

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
My girlfriend is a CNA at a nursing home. She said they dosed all of the residents with the Moderna vaccine. The reactions were different for all of them. Some got sick and others didn't show any symptoms after they got vaccinated.
My wife is a social worker/activities director at a nursing home and she said the same. It’s definitely interesting to consider what factors might come out as affecting whether you have side effects or not

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
My wife is a social worker/activities director at a nursing home and she said the same. It’s definitely interesting to consider what factors might come out as affecting whether you have side effects or not

I'm eager to start seeing more data. I want to know blood types, male vs female, low on Vitamin D, high in estrogen, things like that and see what makes a difference in how the body reacts.

• Agree
Reactions: TechWiz18