Vaccine

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
Has anyone noticed a trend with age having a role in reaction to the vaccine? My dad is in his 70s and said neither of the shots made him feel any differently than normal. He had Moderna.
I am 70 and most of my friends are in the same age group. There have been mixed reactions from mild flu symptoms to severe vomiting. It's been around 10 hours since I had my second jab and I feel fine.

Reactions: Lämmchen

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
I am 70 and most of my friends are in the same age group. There have been mixed reactions from mild flu symptoms to severe vomiting. It's been around 10 hours since I had my second jab and I feel fine.

Still feeling okay? Keep us updated. :)

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
Still feeling okay? Keep us updated. :)
Yes, right as rain! I don't feel any different and even my arm doesn't feel sore this time. I have everything that's going, flu, pneumonia .. if it's free I'll have it and I've never had a reaction to any of them plus I have amazing health for my age. I'm just making the most of it because you never know when that could change.

Reactions: Cam!

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
A new report (not checked by peers) is suggesting that those who have swollen lymph nodes and other symptoms after receiving the vaccine were most likely to have already have the virus.

I'm curious to know who here had the virus and had a reaction to the vaccine?

Reactions: sprite1950

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
A new report (not checked by peers) is suggesting that those who have swollen lymph nodes and other symptoms after receiving the vaccine were most likely to have already have the virus.

I'm curious to know who here had the virus and had a reaction to the vaccine?

I think this article is mainly related to Pfizer and I had AstraZeneca. I didn't even get a sore arm with the second dose. I've stopped reading all the bad publicity about these vaccines. I know that no vaccine is 100%; I see how well the UK is doing with our vaccination programme and how cases and deaths have dropped dramatically and I try to focus on that.

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
I've got my second dose of Moderna scheduled for Tuesday. Hopefully it doesn't impact me too much. I don't have any days off from work around then.
Nice, my Nana just had her second and it did impact her but then it has passed and not to worry. Then again she's far older than you :p

YOu did not have to wait that long for your next jab then. Meanwhile, I haven't even had my first and be months yet before I get mine. THat's if I do get it, maybe I do not need to have it.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
I think this article is mainly related to Pfizer and I had AstraZeneca. I didn't even get a sore arm with the second dose. I've stopped reading all the bad publicity about these vaccines. I know that no vaccine is 100%; I see how well the UK is doing with our vaccination programme and how cases and deaths have dropped dramatically and I try to focus on that.

Is Moderna even available in the UK?

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
I got my 2nd dose on the 28th. It made me feel sick. I think I'm better lol.
Even if it had been a given that I would be ill for a few days I would still have had the vaccine because it's better than catching the disease itself where symptoms can last for months or maybe even years, we don't know yet.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
My husband broke out in hives all over his body yesterday....a week after receiving the first dosage of Moderna. It's not life threatening but still scary. He's never had hives before that I can remember and I've known him for almost 40 years.

Jazzy

Resident
Oct 2, 2016
Vermont
www.yaketys.com
FP$
I got the Pfizer vaccine:

First one - I was surprised to have pain around the injection site. I don't normally experience that with other vaccines.

Second one - Had a splitting headache, fever, chills and extreme fatigue. After 48 hours passed, all of the above left but I still had a slight headache.

That was March 22nd and I feel fine now.

Just want to say to anyone reading this thread, just because I had the side effects does not mean you'll you will too. :)

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
I know a lot of people refusing to get the vaccine because they are afraid of the side effects.

COVID is worse. Getting COVID has lasting implications that can last a long time. The vaccine side effects are there for at max a few days but treatable. Take a Tylenol directly after the shot and keep taking it every four hours after and you’ll feel fine! And just think, we can go back to normal once enough people get it. I’ve seen the virus firsthand. The vaccine isn’t that scary after.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
I know a lot of people refusing to get the vaccine because they are afraid of the side effects.

COVID is worse. Getting COVID has lasting implications that can last a long time. The vaccine side effects are there for at max a few days but treatable. Take a Tylenol directly after the shot and keep taking it every four hours after and you’ll feel fine! And just think, we can go back to normal once enough people get it. I’ve seen the virus firsthand. The vaccine isn’t that scary after.

I'm sure the people who were asymptomatic might disagree LOL

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
Strangely enough my granddaughter's school (2000 pupils) has been testing all pupils twice a week with lateral flow tests designed to pick up those with no symptoms. The tests have been carried out since 8th March and this week our headmaster wrote to sat that not one positive test has been picked up.

Reactions: Lämmchen

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
“Asymptomatic” COVID cases are showing lots of hidden damage including reduced lung capacity, heart problems, and even reduced cognitive functioning. Your joke is funny though.

HolisticStorm

Package Team Member
Package Team
May 2, 2021
FP$
I had my first Pfizer shot in January and my second in early February. I'm happy to be fully vaccinated. The only side effect I got aside from pain in my arm at the injection site was a bad headache.

Reactions: sprite1950