Webmaster Hut

Jason5

Reputable
Jul 8, 2019
webmasterhut.com
FP$
Hmm sorry about this, i don't know why there is an issue with registration. I registered an account and the activation mail reached me.

I see that your account was activated by email verification, can you confirm the same.

Reactions: TechWiz18

JoelR

Acquaintance
Mar 13, 2019
FP$
Good luck on the launch of your community. Some questions for you:
1. What is the scope of your audience?

2. What best-in-class content do you offer that no one else offers?

3. What are your short term goals and long term goals to grow your community?

4. How do you define growth?

Jason5

Reputable
Jul 8, 2019
webmasterhut.com
FP$
I don't know whether i got the questions right but here are my answers.

1) To learn the basic of how and what needs to be done to become a great webmaster.

2) As of now there is no best-in-class content offered in the forum, but i feel the reply and good support given by fellow users is best for new users.

3) Short term goal is to make the my forum known to fellow webmasters and make them sign up and for the long term goal i don't have one.

4) When users join and actively participate and the popularity of the forum reaches wider audience that defines growth for me.

JoelR

Acquaintance
Mar 13, 2019
FP$
I don't know whether i got the questions right but here are my answers.

1) To learn the basic of how and what needs to be done to become a great webmaster.

2) As of now there is no best-in-class content offered in the forum, but i feel the reply and good support given by fellow users is best for new users.

3) Short term goal is to make the my forum known to fellow webmasters and make them sign up and for the long term goal i don't have one.

4) When users join and actively participate and the popularity of the forum reaches wider audience that defines growth for me.
There are no right or wrong answers. They're meant to help you more fully investigate your goals. I see you active on here and on TAZ, so I'd like to help you while also serving as an example for other beginning admins. :)

Your answers would benefit from additional details.
1. You need to provide further information on what skills and what kind of webmaster. Are you looking to share skills on marketing, legal, financial, compliance, content programming, social media, search engine, or server and hosting? Are you looking to target brand, enterprise, restaurant, entrepreneur, forum, real estate, gaming, or e-commerce webmasters?

Your answer is too broad, and because it is too broad, you have no focus or expertise in one single area.

2. There are lots of other websites, many which are much more established and with much more content, than your site with content for new webmasters. Why do you think your content is better?

Allow me to be critical for a moment. I've only reviewed your website for less than 30 seconds, so I may have missed something.
- you're not targeting "webmasters.". You're targeting "retail forum webmasters" (by retail, I mean solo / individual webmasters and hobbyists versus professional, business, or enterprise). This is a niche that's already well served by other very established sites. It's also a niche that is dying.
- You have no best in class content or an existing audience. I'm not sure why anybody would want to join. You can do all the forum promotion or site battles that you want, but at the end of the day, users need to get something of value that they cannot get anywhere else.
- You don't have any long term goals precisely because you haven't well-defined your community's mission or goals. Take the time to really think about who you want to serve, how you want to serve them, and you'll probably brainstorm more goals than you could ever have time for.
- you fell into the engagement trap. Many admins define growth by user activity, because they literally don't know what else to measure. Maybe instead of measuring activity (which is a useless metric on it's own because it's totally out of your control, and activity doesn't mean quality activity), you measure things like: the number of articles you write about how to start a new forum, the number of guides that you create, the number of files you offer as a resource, the percent of questions that are answered within 2 / 7 / 30 days, etc. These are all much more useful measurements because they're countable, useful, and controllable. They also align with your mission to serve new forum webmasters.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: TechWiz18