• Guest, we are pleased to inform you that Forum Promotion has been integrated with Discord. This means no matter where you are. You will always stay connected to Forum Promotion. You can connect your Discord account by going to your account settings > connected-accounts or by Clicking here. Once your account is connected, you will automatically join our server (if you have already joined, you will be automatically roled). You will automatically be given the role of "Approved Users." And whenever a thread/post is created, a message will be posted in #new-threads and #new-posts.

Webmaster.Place - Your home for everything Webmaster

Xyphien

Resident
Jul 25, 2012
www.Xyphien.com
FP$

Webmaster Place was designed to create a centralized place for webmasters. Offering every service we feel a Webmaster should have. From a marketplace where you can buy and sell websites, domains, marketing, designs and more to a place to learn as well as get insight and opinions on your site. Our goal is to create not just the next site, but a site you can call your own place. Hints the name Webmaster Place.

Every webmaster should ask themselves what makes their website different from all others, what features do you offer that would entail people to participate in your content. We're no different, and we're here to tell you all of our features that stands us apart from the others.

The Marketplace:
Our marketplace is a huge boost above most other sites. Firstly, you're able to buy and sell websites, domains, themes/styles, plugins, and a ton of other content without any upfront fees! No more paying $45 to sell your website for them to ALSO take a huge percentage. We're here to proudly allow you to sell your webmaster related content free of initial charge. We do take 20% of the final sales price, but you're never charged. Instead you simply receive 80% of the final sale directly to your paypal! It's simple, easy, and straight forward. You can also find out, in detail on how to sell your products by clicking HERE

24 Hour Promotional Header Banner:
That large 468x60 banner in the header isn't a paid promotional feature. That spot is a spot most people charge hundreds and even thousands for monthly or CCP/CPM/ETC. We give it out completely free, and it changes DAILY! The person who makes the most posts daily is rewarded this banner for 24 hours. 24 entire hours of having your site's banner advertisement promoted on our website simply by being active and posting the most for that day. Your activity helps us become more successful and as such we want to help you become more successful and what better what tp support you than promoting the website you hold dearly! All you have to do is go into your ACCOUNT DETAILS, scroll down and put your 468x60 image in the Banner section under your website link. Our system will automatically take that and post it as a banner for 24 hours if you're the most active user during the previous day!

Badges & Verification Statuses:
We want to help showcase individuals and help them stand them out for their great achievements. As such we've created the Badges, badges are rewarded for you for being successful at what you do. From being Business Verified to Owning a successful site such as a Forum, Blog, eCommerce, etc. You can get a badge. These will allow you to sell more products on the marketplace as people will trust you more and know you're a professional in your field!

Complete Website Discussions:
Most webmaster sites tend to stick with one type of website, be it Forums, Blogs, or eCommerce. We focus on all of it. Webmasters aren't going to stick in one field all the time, and we're aware. Your forum could turn into a blog and forum, your website could get a forum, the possibilities are there and we want to ensure you get the help and information needed for all of it!

Advertise Here

FriendlyPerson

Familiar Face
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
Hi there, I saw your signature for this but I am confused what is meant for sales and purchases of databases? Since I am concerned what could be in said databases.

Xyphien

Resident
Jul 25, 2012
www.Xyphien.com
FP$
Hi there, I saw your signature for this but I am confused what is meant for sales and purchases of databases? Since I am concerned what could be in said databases.
It's all user sales. For example, I have a database with 39,906 registered accounts on it for Xenforo. They're all game developers or gamers, so if I ever wanted to sell the database so someone could take over I could do so on the site. It's essentially selling a website/forum without the website. If you're concerned with any sales, you can contact the person who's selling directly to get further information from that.

TopSilver

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 16, 2019
www.mindpiff.com
FP$
The promotional video is amazing. Some mad skills there. Good luck with this venture. I have a feeling you will be very successful.

Xyphien

Resident
Jul 25, 2012
www.Xyphien.com
FP$
Reminder to everyone, we have a Daily Banner Ad promotion for whoever has the most posts that day!
1614190898232.png

It's super easy to fill out, and then you're ready to get promoted on our header banner daily if you have the most posts!

Cumulus

Marketing Team Leader 📊
Marketing Team
Oct 8, 2020
UK
FP$
It's all user sales. For example, I have a database with 39,906 registered accounts on it for Xenforo. They're all game developers or gamers, so if I ever wanted to sell the database so someone could take over I could do so on the site. It's essentially selling a website/forum without the website. If you're concerned with any sales, you can contact the person who's selling directly to get further information from that.
Isn't that quite complicated under GDPR? For example, you cannot transfer the data processor without written notification 2-4 weeks prior, and an easy way to opt-out: And that's presuming the original site's TOS were that data might be sold/readable by third parties.

I remember this trend was really big back in the day but I thought the new laws had irradiated this.

Reminder to everyone, we have a Daily Banner Ad promotion for whoever has the most posts that day!
View attachment 8780

It's super easy to fill out, and then you're ready to get promoted on our header banner daily if you have the most posts!
Back on topic though, this is an awesome idea! Love that it encourages posting around the forum :)

Xyphien

Resident
Jul 25, 2012
www.Xyphien.com
FP$
Isn't that quite complicated under GDPR? For example, you cannot transfer the data processor without written notification 2-4 weeks prior, and an easy way to opt-out: And that's presuming the original site's TOS were that data might be sold/readable by third parties.

I remember this trend was really big back in the day but I thought the new laws had irradiated this.
I'll have to look into this further. But as long as it's strictly to re-brand the site there's no difference in selling a website to someone else as there would be selling databases. However, if this isn't the case then I'll remove that option completely to avoid any laws. Until I figure out if it's viable or not I'll go through and remove the selling of databases completely to stay safe.

Back on topic though, this is an awesome idea! Love that it encourages posting around the forum :)
Thank you :) it was an idea that was used a while back through ForumHour, an old webmaster site that I personally loved the concept for. However, I feel one of the biggest down falls was the fact that it was hourly so I switched it up and did it daily :)

FriendlyPerson

Familiar Face
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
I'll have to look into this further. But as long as it's strictly to re-brand the site there's no difference in selling a website to someone else as there would be selling databases. However, if this isn't the case then I'll remove that option completely to avoid any laws. Until I figure out if it's viable or not I'll go through and remove the selling of databases completely to stay safe.
Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention now that @Cumulus was able to make it more clear on why database purchases can be iffy.

As opposed to entire website purchases as yourself mentioned it's now solely the personal information at stakes here thus I am also concerned about this as I mentioned the other day.

As as long as it closely and proactively monitored, strict policies and so forth are proactively enforced as well I personally do not see an issue with this. It just when ill intentions are left to flourish as it did at the other market place forum I was at.

TopSilver

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 16, 2019
www.mindpiff.com
FP$
I don't see what the big deal is regarding selling a database... It's only a forum or website. Besides I don't even follow GDPR as I live in the United States and have decided that I wasn't even going to follow their rule. Though @Xyphien follows their policies I believe, there should at least be a way to follow the law and still allow it. Not that it means much to me but just trying to help.

FriendlyPerson

Familiar Face
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
I don't see what the big deal is regarding selling a database...
I mean say you own a business/community yourself and you have 1,000's of people for example. Would you rather sell the data base itself and risk it falling into "wrong hands" or sell the brand in it's entirely?

Personally I rather as a business owner obligate that a buyer would buy the whole sh-bang and if they don't want "stuffs" within say like lifetime licenses and such (they can get their own/swap software) then I would take it from there and whether or not I wish to do that.

I just feels it's just open up too many "issues" just going "hey anyone wants to buy personal information only and that's it?".

Reactions: Xyphien and Cumulus

Cumulus

Marketing Team Leader 📊
Marketing Team
Oct 8, 2020
UK
FP$
I mean say you own a business/community yourself and you have 1,000's of people for example. Would you rather sell the data base itself and risk it falling into "wrong hands" or sell the brand in it's entirely?

Personally I rather as a business owner obligate that a buyer would buy the whole sh-bang and if they don't want "stuffs" within say like lifetime licenses and such (they can get their own/swap software) then I would take it from there and whether or not I wish to do that.

I just feels it's just open up too many "issues" just going "hey anyone wants to buy personal information only and that's it?".
Yeah I do think it's a little shady just buying the data - I know a few webmasters good-spirits have been taken advantage of before to then mine emails for mailing lists, sales pitches etc. Especially in the age of GDPR, DPA, LGPD and CCPA affecting users in different regions etc.

But equally I guess you could sell a site and then the new owner would be able to access the data - though I do get that in this example, legally the data processor remains the brand and not owner themself.

Sorry we've hijacked your thread @Xyphien 😅 Webmaster Place looks great!
Thank you :) it was an idea that was used a while back through ForumHour, an old webmaster site that I personally loved the concept for. However, I feel one of the biggest down falls was the fact that it was hourly so I switched it up and did it daily :)
And I certainly agree daily is more reasonable than hourly - though with growth perhaps it could be more frequent!

Lämmchen

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$

In Europe there are more protections of people's sensitive data but in the US we don't have such restrictions which is why TopSilver made the comment he did. If you gather data, you're allowed to sell it here (California is probably the only exception I would say). In the US it's more about personal responsibility, if you don't want your data getting out there then just don't provide anything sensitive to anyone.

FriendlyPerson

Familiar Face
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
ut equally I guess you could sell a site and then the new owner would be able to access the data - though I do get that in this example, legally the data processor remains the brand and not owner themself.
Additionally buying a community/business is considerably more involved so you as the buyer/seller can "audit" who's buying/selling more closely to better ensure it's for sane protocols.

Sorry we've hijacked your thread
I do not think hashing out concerns of the operator's site is of offtopic matters since it's still in regards of the site.

It's just like asking a hosting provider here if they charge fees or if they requires you to sign up to marketing emails right?

Xyphien

Resident
Jul 25, 2012
www.Xyphien.com
FP$
I do not think hashing out concerns of the operator's site is of offtopic matters since it's still in regards of the site.

It's just like asking a hosting provider here if they charge fees or if they requires you to sign up to marketing emails right?
I personally don't mind at all. There's no longer a database section on the site, in the example you used it'd be like asking if they require you to sign up to marketing emails after they stated they removed the marketing email entirely :tearsofjoy:

I don't even follow GDPR as I live in the United States
I looked it up, and legally if you have anyone from the UK you technically have to follow the laws. A work around to this would simply be to have in the terms that you do not support anyone in countries that use GDPR. At that point they're breaking your ToS for joining. I could technically do this with the databases, but I'd like to avoid anything of that nature. Protecting peoples privacy is something I do side with, however I don't think it should be legally enforced as it's your own discretion to give that information out.

Reactions: FriendlyPerson

Xyphien

Resident
Jul 25, 2012
www.Xyphien.com
FP$
Awesome I am very glad you reconsidered these concerns of all of us and decided against it after such. For the better overall health of the site and the communities involved. :)
I saw you're a business owner, we have a business owner badge you can get on the site by the way :) You just need to message me on the site :D

• Love
Reactions: FriendlyPerson

FriendlyPerson

Familiar Face
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
I saw you're a business owner, we have a business owner badge you can get on the site by the way :) You just need to message me on the site :D
I have checked the site so thank you so much for adding the considerably more accessible Dark Theming. :)

Thus as you might be aware I operate a small website hosting business of my own even though I read the rules and such. I am confused on how I would be able to share about this such once I get my badge of course as you mentioned yourself. :)

Could you please assist me with such confusion?

Thank so much in advance. :)

Xyphien

Resident
Jul 25, 2012
www.Xyphien.com
FP$
I have checked the site so thank you so much for adding the considerably more accessible Dark Theming. :)

Thus as you might be aware I operate a small website hosting business of my own even though I read the rules and such. I am confused on how I would be able to share about this such once I get my badge of course as you mentioned yourself. :)

Could you please assist me with such confusion?

Thank so much in advance. :)
Well, We have a promotion section that you'll be allowed to post once you meet the requirements. On top of that I just added a Hardware section to the site, so if anyone asks about hosting you're more than welcome to recommend yours as long as it's not unasked promotion.

To add more fuel and to support hosting companies I'll also be making hosting badges, as I already have badges for websites, forums, blogs, coders, and artists. I have to show y'all hosting companies some love too ;) (I'm not going to be home tonight so it'll more than likely be added tomorrow or super late tonight)