Websites with WWW

Discussion in 'Forum & Website Management' started by Tom, Jun 15, 2018 at 1:33 AM.

1. Tom

Tom Acquaintance

+5
    Hey everyone! I was just curious as to how many of you opted to using www as part of the url, or conversely if you didn't, and why?

I personally went with the www purely because I liked the look of it, but I have no other reasons aside from that.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018 at 1:44 AM
  2. kaurksifat

kaurksifat New Arrival

+0
    there is no difference between www or non-www but the main thing google consider it different Urls and the best thing of URl is consider www in url

3. Empire

Empire Moderator Moderator

+1,636
    You really have two choices to pick, http:// or https://

4. SolviturC

SolviturC Familiar Face

+13
    I didn't conciously leave the www out of my url. Most people I know don't type the www anyway, so it doesn't really matter anyway so I left it as it was :')

5. Azareal

Azareal Resident

+17
    I redirect www to the domain without. I think it was a cute gimmick in the early web, basically meaning world wide web, but it's a little superfluous these days.

YouTube uses it though. And if your choice is HTTPS or HTTP, as mentioned by @Empire, then it should definitely be HTTPS, some modern browser features won't work without it and HTTP/2 can really help in speeding things up.

6. Empire

Empire Moderator Moderator

+1,636
    Google request that all site's needs to use HTTPS, At least they not enforcing it yet,

7. Azareal

Azareal Resident

+17
    Oh no, they won't disable HTTP sites.

But, they will make it as painful as possible to run a HTTP site with less functionality, a big ugly "Not Secure" label in the URL bar (getting switched on next month), and worse search rankings.

8. daica85

daica85 Resident

+68
    There's no any difference between having www and no www. However, in the users' views, websites having www looks nicer than others. IMO. I personally didn't use www on my sites.