Haven't back FP for months. I comeback today and see that it has very nice theme, looks elegant and professional.
Welcome back then lol and yes things have changed and still working on things

Reactions: daica85

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
Along with fixing the covers permission issue that we had, I've uploaded a small selection of cover presets that you can select when changing your profile cover. Here's a screenshot of what that looks like:

The categories are Forum Promotion, Technology, Sports, Nature, and Holidays.

Reactions: kode_block
K

kode_block

I remember when I was on my previous Account before this Update happened and I remember not being too happy about it coming. Although, that was mainly due to the Theme. I think I might've been unhappy about some other stuff but I can't remember :neutral:

But now that I've returned after a few weeks, I actually really like the Changes that's going on around the Forum. The addition of Groups was a small, but pretty good Feature to add. But overall, the Changes being done are great and I do hope that these Changes get FP back on it's feet again.

Reactions: Lämmchen

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
I spent a lot of time working on our trophies this evening. It was just a jumbled mess, but it is now organized by category. I've also gone through and added different Font Awesome trophy icons everywhere, plus I've created a number of new trophies. The big new trophy categories are the Blog Milestones and the Resource Milestones. This hasn't really been talked about much, but we want members of this community to contribute to our blog and to our resources. More information about this will be available soon. On our profiles, Trophies now has its own tab as well. It's no longer just within the About tab.

I have also cleaned up the shop. Items that weren't ever really working have been removed, and categories that didn't have anything in them have been deleted as well. Our shop and our trophies are also integrated now. Members will be able to purchase particular trophies in the shop, and these trophies will be displayed in your Trophies. I've created the first item for this, and it's the Philosopher's Stone. There are only five of these available to be purchased, and the asking price is 10,000 FP$.

Trophies can also now be viewed in your postbit, which is the mini-profile that is displayed to the left of posts. Members can go through and select what Trophies they want to display. You can opt for displaying none, or you can display them all. I'm personally only displaying my Philosopher's Stone.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

scrnli_7_20_2019_7-01-36 AM.png

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
I've created the first item for this, and it's the Philosopher's Stone. There are only five of these available to be purchased, and the asking price is 10,000 FP$.
Bought it. Never got the trophy

Also, should have a "Legacy" category that has trophies that are no longer obtainable. Such as giving people a "Valued Contributor" trophy for those who use to be one.

K

kode_block

This hasn't really been talked about much, but we want members of this community to contribute to our blog and to our resources.
I've just noticed the Blog-Milestones in the Trophies Section today. I would love to contribute to FP by adding Resources and writing Blog Articles but if you do let people write for the Blog and add Resources, I suggest that you have some Moderators on board to get rid of any useless junk before that useless junk ends up washing onto those parts of FP.

Maybe restrict things like writing for the Blog and adding to the Resources for Members who've been on FP for some time, written a lot of Posts and have a good Reputation in the Community. That could maybe stop useless junk washing up on those parts.

Just a Suggestion though.

• Agree
Reactions: jenna appleseed

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
Bought it. Never got the trophy
Looks like it was added to your Trophies about thirty minutes after your post. It doesn't update until the trophies cron entry runs. Not sure if you know a fix to that.

Also, should have a "Legacy" category that has trophies that are no longer obtainable. Such as giving people a "Valued Contributor" trophy for those who use to be one.
We will be implementing something along those lines.

Philosopher's Stone. I like that Harry potter style isn't it
Yes, but it's something that was around long before Harry Potter. It's also featured in The Flash, which is a TV series that I've been watching on Netflix recently.

I've just noticed the Blog-Milestones in the Trophies Section today. I would love to contribute to FP by adding Resources and writing Blog Articles but if you do let people write for the Blog and add Resources, I suggest that you have some Moderators on board to get rid of any useless junk before that useless junk ends up washing onto those parts of FP.

Maybe restrict things like writing for the Blog and adding to the Resources for Members who've been on FP for some time, written a lot of Posts and have a good Reputation in the Community. That could maybe stop useless junk washing up on those parts.

Just a Suggestion though.
All submissions to our blog and resources will require moderator approval, so that won't be an issue. Useless junk won't be seen anywhere near FP. :p

K

kode_block

All submissions to our blog and resources will require moderator approval, so that won't be an issue. Useless junk won't be seen anywhere near FP. :p
That's great to hear. As long as there is Moderation, then everything should be good.

Chase.

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
FP$
Nice.. But what about real money earnings?
It’s only a referral. Why would you need to earn real money for this? I understand more than enough real money is a part of forums, but the community (Not FP, general speaking) has become so toxic that people want to be paid for every effort they make, or expect something in return.