What are the medals for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted Fairytale

Avgas + Airspeed = Happiness
+Justice said:
As to this post here from C: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=124882

Would it be cool to have a thread with all of the medals / awards so members could view them and know what they are for?

Or perhaps if a member hovers over a medal then it would say what the medal is? :great:
If you hover over a medal (towards the top of the page, it's currently bugged), it displays a name for the award.

Most ribbons are Employee of the Month awards with respect to their color.

shadowmaven

i exploit & break into things
May 22, 2011
FP$
As TF has said, most of them are related to the EOTM which is for staff members of the month. For ones that aren't, you have the FOTM ribbon and the yearly awards given out.

Mike

Seasoned Veteran
Jan 26, 2008
FP$
The Turkster said:
As TF has said, most of them are related to the EOTM which is for staff members of the month. For ones that aren't, you have the FOTM ribbon and the yearly awards given out.
Would it not be worth having a thread explaining this though?

It might not sound like there's enough to warrant a thread, but if you list the behaviours that you check for when selecting a winner and listing past winners there is easily enough to warrant a thread.

+Justice is a member that has only recently come back, so he has fresh eyes, I'd take his feedback on board :)

Matthew

Lt. Cmdr. Data
Jun 28, 2010
West Virginia
FP$
I'll work on adding a thread with medal details. I'll include FP$ and what it is as that's a frequently brought up question amongst new members.

Do you guys have any other smaller items that often go unnoticed but are still integral parts of FP none the less?

Matthew

Lt. Cmdr. Data
Jun 28, 2010
West Virginia
FP$
R44 said:
Wouldn't mind seeing a thread of ansilary staff (Admins/Community Team) and their responsibilities/tasks/what they deal with on a day-to-day basis.

Particularly after this restructure that's happened with the CT.
I'll be doing something like this soonish with the changes in hiring I'm working on hopefully.

Besides, this topic I'll be cresting is more for built in features that aren't big enough to seem to need a topic, not role profiles. Regardless, thanks for the suggestion and it'll appear sometime before the week of Thanksgiving (hopefully), but you can expect a small memo outlining the changes to the CT later on this week. :)

Matthew

Lt. Cmdr. Data
Jun 28, 2010
West Virginia
FP$
PassTheGravy said:
Those medals are pretty cool...

Maybe you could add a few more like post badges?

Like lets say a badge all can get by reaching a certain post count?

Or could be more than 1 badge, It's up to you...
That would clutter up the system and effectively devalue the medal system (as it's used for yearly awards). Good thought, however!

As for the topic, I'll be working on it this weekend although I'm not going to lie, it's not my top priority at this time. Latest for the informational topic will be this following Thursday tentatively speaking.

As for the memo on the changes to the CT, I'll work on that later tonight. :)

PassTheGravy said:
Those medals are pretty cool...

Maybe you could add a few more like post badges?

Like lets say a badge all can get by reaching a certain post count?

Or could be more than 1 badge, It's up to you...
I personally doubt this will happen anytime soon. The reason would be because they are currently working on a lot of issues and troubleshooting for Forum Promotion, and I think they only want very select few to be chosen for badges, but not all badges are permanent. My badges I have aren't. They will only be there for 1 month, then poof. They are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.