What does your financial portfolio look like?

Sharon

Package Team Member
Package Team
This is quite a loaded question although it's definitely one of my favorite topics!

I have a traditional IRA account with Vanguard and I don't mess with it very much and have invested in 4 different index funds.

I have a Stash account and have various holdings. My top performers right now are Tesla, Snapchat, Target, Vanguard Information Technology ETG, and First Trust NASDAQ CEA Cybersecurity ETF.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
This is quite a loaded question although it's definitely one of my favorite topics!

I have a traditional IRA account with Vanguard and I don't mess with it very much and have invested in 4 different index funds.

I have a Stash account and have various holdings. My top performers right now are Tesla, Snapchat, Target, Vanguard Information Technology ETG, and First Trust NASDAQ CEA Cybersecurity ETF.

Vanguard is pretty good...I know we used them at some point and I can't even remember if we still have them or not.

Sharon

Package Team Member
Package Team
Vanguard is pretty good...I know we used them at some point and I can't even remember if we still have them or not.

I've actually stopped contributing into my Vanguard account because I haven't gotten my head around what am I missing out on. As it is, if I continue to contribute into it I'd be using taxed income and when I withdraw down the line in retirement, won't I get taxed again? If I go for a Roth IRA I'll be taxed now instead of later, but does that mean I will be double taxed?

BlueYeti

Acquaintance
I am mainly into index funds. Set it, forget, and then turn your brain off. I have a bunch of individual picks as well, but none of have performed as well as my indexes.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
I've actually stopped contributing into my Vanguard account because I haven't gotten my head around what am I missing out on. As it is, if I continue to contribute into it I'd be using taxed income and when I withdraw down the line in retirement, won't I get taxed again? If I go for a Roth IRA I'll be taxed now instead of later, but does that mean I will be double taxed?

You know, it depends on what state you live in! We were shocked that we contributed to some retirement investments and found out when we moved to a different state that we pay taxes on those now instead of later. But what if we move to a state where you have to pay later...we have to pay again!! It's crazy. I can't remember which investments those were because this happened 8 years ago. We had a friend who is an accountant and he missed that tax and we got dinged...but he isn't licensed for our current state so how could he know?

Sharon

Package Team Member
Package Team
It depends on which state you live in?! What! See, I wish I had the aptitude to be an accountant but I don't. I do need to hire a professional though!