What gifts did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Intellectual Talk' started by Joshua Farrell, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell Administrator Administrator

+955
    What did you get for Christmas?

I got 4-5 items of shirts and pants, an retro arcade system, the Kungfu Panda movie collection, a new electric razor that is better than the last one I had, and a few gift cards to different fast food businesses.

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Familiar Face

+17
    This is a nice discussion because I want to share my style of receiving gift. I usually open the Christmas gifts on the evening of December 25 when there is no more expected gift to arrive. What I do is to take the pictures of the gifts as I open it one by one. When uploading the photos to the computer, I would add the name of the giver to the file name. That is to have a record what they gave me individually. I also to that for the outgoing gifts in order for me to remember what gift I gave a person last year so that I can give him a different one this year.

3. killamch89

killamch89 Familiar Face

+11
    I got my month's supply of Food lol. Now I won't have to cook for at least 3 weeks although knowing myself...it will be finished in 2 weeks.

4. Nightblood

Nightblood Familiar Face

+10
    I got a postcard printer for photos! This was my main gift and pretty much near what I was going for. Wanted the new polaroid, but the refill cartridges were just way too expensive so my mom had found a regular printer that does postcard sizes and I can print directly from my phone. I'm actually way stoked on it.

5. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,192
    Nothing to special, I was expecting to get nothing since I already got shoes two weeks early and got to say I had less cards to open this year, meaning only to to open. I'm not big on it as I used to and rather have an normal day. What I like is seeing others opening there gifts and seeing there faces as they are doing it.

6. Fiona1964

Fiona1964 Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+221
    I got books money smells gift cards scarf chocolate candles and a food hamper

7. Bryn

Bryn Paragon

+212
    Just a £10 note from my brother (enclosed in a card) and some Ferrero Rochers. I don't ask for much these days.

8. Jerlene

Jerlene Collecting FP$ Administrator

+621
    I got a bunch of awesome stuff. Snacks, money, herbs;), etc. Wonderful Christmas.

9. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell Administrator Administrator

+955
    I knew a guy that would pig out all the time, instead of being healthy and limiting to only a proper amount and not pigging out.

10. killamch89

killamch89 Familiar Face

+11
    I'll just exercise it all off like I always do.

11. Cameron Taylor

Cameron Taylor Owner Administrator Owner

+866
    My girlfriend hooked me up with plenty of cool stuff. She got me a Vandy cap, a Vandy polo, a closet door basketball hoop, a football, and the complete series of The Mentalist.

My parents got me plenty of clothes and some cash. I’ve been trying to talk myself into getting myself a Bose QuietComfort 35 with that money. My brother got me a nice 2-in-1 suitcase/backpack. Finally, I participated in a dirty Christmas with my extended family, and I ended up getting a nice Smashville cup and a Preds bean bag toss set.

Herbs? :eek:

12. Jerlene

+621
    The Mentalist is an amazing show! I binged all three seasons in a day. Felt like a zombie afterwards but it was a day well spent.
    What's a dirty Christmas?

13. Cameron Taylor

+866
    All? The Mentalist is more than three seasons. :p

Dirty Christmas is a like a gift exchange game that some people like to play. It's here an article explaining the game: https://www.southernliving.com/christmas/party/dirty-santa-rules

It can be pretty ruthless.

14. Jerlene

+621
    Oh, I was thinking about Lie To Me. Same concept I believe. You should check it out if you like The Mentalist.
    And I'm familiar with that game! I just know it as White Elephant. Played it once for work. It was really fun.

15. Cameron Taylor

+866
    Yeah, it's similar. I've seen all of Lie To Me as well. During my freshman year of high school, my Speech teacher used to have our class watch Lie To Me every Friday. That was literally all we did during that class on Fridays.

I was sad when that show was cancelled.

16. Soopairik

Soopairik Reputable

+46
    I got a snowstorm for Christmas.

17. Maroon Caludin

Maroon Caludin Paragon

+29
    As usual was spoiled. XD

Got some make up, Krillin Dragon Ball figure, Dragon Ball glasses, a plush ferret, ferret coloring book, Sailor Moon Dice Challenge, Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, an angel necklace (that has my sister's dog's fur inside. My sister got one too, but a different kind of pendant, a bear plush and some other stuff.