What is the most important thing you look for in a web host?

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
I look for reliability, affordability, and server specs.
I prefer to use VPS or dedicated servers so I can install my own dependencies, software, etc.
For example, one time I rented a VPS just to play around with it. I decided I would run a different install every week to learn a bunch about server management. One week I hosted a Minecraft server. Another week I hosted a personal VPN. The next week I installed a full blown Linux OS that I could connect to and control from my computer - it was kind of cool because the VPS had a lot of great specs, so I could just log in to it from old laptops and have a lot more computing power than the actual computer I was using to connect to it. I then tried out WHM / running my VPS as a free web host, and I kept it like that for many months.

So overall, the ability to customize my server is my #1 priority. If I want to run Apache for the web, I can. If I want to remove everything and create a primitive chat server, I can. If I want to install a different version of Linux, I can. If I want to use Node.js, I can. etc, etc, etc. Flexibility is the most important to me.

Reactions: Jon

DipityTwo

New Arrival
Sep 19, 2019
FP$
I would normally look for in below order:
Support (Technical support is very important), Value for Price (you will get what you pay for), Uptime, Reliability!

Hostforweb Inc

New Arrival
Sep 19, 2019
FP$
Don't waste your time any longer. With advanced features like live demos and performance comparisons, you can build your website faster than you think.

Webchain

New Arrival
Sep 20, 2019
FP$
Don't sacrifice security and quality. It is not ideal to jump into affordable web hosts in which in the long run can lead to many problems such as web site accessibility and, worst, shutting down of web site.

Exmasters-Mark

New Arrival
Sep 19, 2019
FP$
What is their policy if you need to change your hosting configuration mid-contract? For example, if you start out in a shared server configuration and need to move to a dedicated or VPS environment during your contract term, is that allowed? Are there penalties?

ChrisGrigg

Administrator
Administrator
I'll first look for the history of its past servings. Whether they have satisfied customers or disappointed!!
While there are many review websites online, where do you validate most of the information you find?
There are many paid reviews and often fake ones to make competitors look bad.

Ricardorich

Acquaintance
Apr 2, 2018
FP$
I would recommend centohost.com to anyone who asks me for quality, cheap web hosting.
This web host is simply the best when it comes to web hosting, the pricing is fantastic and the customer support is top notch.