What motivates you to post/stay active on a forum?

Umbreon

Paragon
Jul 23, 2009
Route 6
FP$
Like what the title says, what motivates you to actively contribute on a forum? For example, some of you have over 1,500 posts on Forum Promotion? What keeps you going? Why do you like posting on the forum so much?

Migi

Phantom Thief Lv. N00B
May 25, 2010
Holy Britannian Empire
jarigendut.tumblr.com
FP$
If I have to sum it to one point, it will be because there are conversations to enjoy.

People may not always be in the mood to talk, but we must always try to drive conversation to take place. You can't have a good activity if in your general chat thread all the posts are hello-how are you-I'm good thanks and you-I'm fine too. Or in discussions like this, leaving one reply then never returned again. Of course, not all threads or posts can be replied to for a long time, but we should always try to give a response to other posts and keep the discussion going. Without realizing it, you will keep on posting and the post count has gone up so high.

pandaa

Madly Diligent
May 28, 2012
FP$
Yup. Being a webmaster and running forums just happens to be something that I'm really interested in, and I like talking to people about it. If someone comes to the forum, I'd like them to know that they can talk about anything, and their words won't fall on "deaf ears", so to speak. :)

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
I'd say that my main motivation is being seen as a valuable, respected member of the community. :) I guess that's one reason why I post a lot on a couple forums, instead of a little bit on a lot of forums. I think that by concentrating your efforts on a couple of communities, you can get a lot more done, and have a much more awesome experience. :D

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
What normally motivates me to be active on a community, is the fact that as i continue to post, I learn more about others, and usually end up enjoying their company.

Migi

Phantom Thief Lv. N00B
May 25, 2010
Holy Britannian Empire
jarigendut.tumblr.com
FP$
Sinon said:
I'd say that my main motivation is being seen as a valuable, respected member of the community. :) I guess that's one reason why I post a lot on a couple forums, instead of a little bit on a lot of forums. I think that by concentrating your efforts on a couple of communities, you can get a lot more done, and have a much more awesome experience. :D
This is also a good motivating point as long as it is not abused to the wrong way. When I first started with forums, I noticed users with higher post counts have these awesome ranks and I wanted to have those too and got acknowledged by the community. It was even more fun because I got to make friends along the way. :D

Mikaya

Madly Diligent
Feb 12, 2014
England
forum.3dspedia.com
FP$
If there are a lot of interesting threads, I'd want to try to contribute myself. There would have to be new content/threads frequently to keep me busy. Constant active posters are a plus too.

Cody

Seasoned Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Utah
FP$
What keeps me going back to forums and staying active are the people. If the members are good and friendly for the most part, I will never leave that specific forum even if I didn't post much about the main focus of the forum. For example, I'm active on a video game forum, but I hardly post in the video game sections anymore.

Geoffrey