• Guest, we are pleased to inform you that Forum Promotion has been integrated with Discord. This means no matter where you are. You will always stay connected to Forum Promotion. You can connect your Discord account by going to your account settings > connected-accounts or by Clicking here. Once your account is connected, you will automatically join our server (if you have already joined, you will be automatically roled). You will automatically be given the role of "Approved Users." And whenever a thread/post is created, a message will be posted in #new-threads and #new-posts.

what was this type of promotion called?

Xyphien

Resident
Jul 25, 2012
www.Xyphien.com
FP$
I'm on the phone so sorry for any spelling errors.
Back in the day there was a really popular promotion strategy, you would go to this website and you could view other websites and you'd get a coin or something like that, which for every 10 coins you got allow you to promote your website on there. Thus allowing you to add your website to the random website viewer.

It was kind of fun because you'd be able to see everyone else's website on top of promoting your own as well as find other websites that you might want to join. It was super popular around 10 years ago and I forgot what type of website/promotion that was called. If anyone can help me that'd be super helpful!

Alternatively you were able to buy coins to have your website posted on there as well. This way you could add your website to the random website viewer without going through and viewing others.

Last edited:
Advertise Here

Lord Saru

Package Team Leader
Package Team
Feb 21, 2010
From the blue
FP$
Maybe, we can call it something?

Advertisement Wheel? Or advertisement roulette?

Last edited:

LunarScorpio

Seasoned Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Pennsylvania
dreamcityrpg.com
FP$
Happy Birthday Cake
I actually vaguely remember that system. I think there was also one, or maybe it was the same one, where you could do post exchanges. I can't remember what it was called anymore though. I'd have to go through my old computer to see if I wrote it down.

Xyphien

Resident
Jul 25, 2012
www.Xyphien.com
FP$
I actually vaguely remember that system. I think there was also one, or maybe it was the same one, where you could do post exchanges. I can't remember what it was called anymore though. I'd have to go through my old computer to see if I wrote it down.
I remember one where you'd view the websites and you'd get some sort of currency where you could then add your advertisement on. So it was a view for view type of deal. Every 100 views you could get your website viewed like 50 times or something. You needed to stay on the page for like 10 seconds or something along those lines every time in order to get the currency but I found a bunch of other promotion websites on it. At this time forumotion was a huge thing everyone did so they were mostly full of those types of forums lol.

Ashley

Paragon
Jan 10, 2013
chattingtime.net
FP$
There used to be this great site called EasyHits4U, as for post 4 post, only name coming to mind is Post Loop? I vividly remember using the first one quite a bit. Not sure if either site is around anymore though.

Joshua Farrell

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Forum Sponsor
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
I remember EasyHits4U being pretty popular back in the day. I'd imagine it is still doing well for rotating your site into display.

Haven't tried rotators much recently, as I know some of them have issues with submissions having infected sites.

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
I remember EasyHits4U being pretty popular back in the day. I'd imagine it is still doing well for rotating your site into display.

Haven't tried rotators much recently, as I know some of them have issues with submissions having infected sites.
Used to be allot around but nowadays is trust! Who and what sites to trust and when lopping site to site might come to a site full of infected viruses and also you do not know what kind of traffic going to your own site.

Point is now, what to trust?