What would you pick?

Discussion in 'Computers & The Internet' started by Empire, Aug 2, 2018.

What Would you Get?

1. Samsung LC24FG73FQUXEN

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. ViewSonic XG2530

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. MSI OPTIX G24C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,751
    Added an poll to what you would use?

Three long days of trying to think of what monitor that I would like. From having just one widescreen to having two 24inch as in dual monitor. After long been think that I'm more leading to dual monitor setup.

Now I have listed some screens, some are TN panels and the rest IPS.

2. Bry89

Bry89 Resident

+71
    I had to look up all three of them and with myself knowing what they'll look like, I would choose the ViewSonic one. Only because I prefer traditional flat-screen monitors. None of that curved nonsense. What difference does that make?

3. edenwax

edenwax Reputable

+32
    None of the above :(

I wouldnt like a 16:9 curved monitor. Ultra-wide curved displays make sense, but 16:9 curved is a no go.

That being said the Samsung has a VA panel which, while not an IPS panel, is better than the TN panels of the other two. So if I absolutely had to pick one of them it'd be the Samsung.

4. Ajay

Ajay Up-and-Coming Sensation Review Team Team Leader

+46
    If i had to choose, i'd go with the Samsung, looks to be pretty good by reviews.

I would prefer 16:10 though.

5. MrHorror

MrHorror Reputable

+26
    Can't go wrong with Samsung. Great brand. If only the monitor wasn't curved. Because of that, if I were you I'd choose the viewsonic.

6. Empire

+1,751
    Already got one :) And it's none above. After weeks on end and unless looking over and over at monitors and got to the point that I seen so much that my brain exploded and had to take some days off from looking. Didn't help when people are saying this and that and get this or don't get that.

After some time I made my mind it would be an IPS panel that had 100 to 165hz. So then I was like get two screens or one ultrawide monitor or whatnot. With my price I had an choice to get two the same monitor for around £300 each and it would be an TN panel or just but the one monitor and pay around £600.

End of the day I went ahead and spent £690 (Was £800 and made an deal) and got myself an 27inch IPS panel that's 165hz gaming monitor,

7. Ajay

Ajay Up-and-Coming Sensation Review Team Team Leader

+46
    Oh cool. Yeah i'd definitely go with IPS. I've gotten used to using nice screens, and when I tried out a TN monitor, i couldn't handle it. :p

Sounds like you got a great deal though!

8. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin Paragon

+53
    I love Samsung monitors and having been using them since they had CRTs (Sync Master).

9. Empire

+1,751
    TN are good for gaming but since I do more then just gaming and wanted something good with colours then IPS it is..