May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge

"What's Going on" Guidelines

The "What's Going on" section on Forum Promotion is your one stop place to show off and brag to Forum Promotion's member base about your community's milestones, updates, contests, and other announcements. However, we also feel that this forum must be governed by a very relaxed set of guidelines so that we can present you, and the rest of our member base with a level playing ground to promote in this section.

Examples of what is allowed:
  • Post Milestones: 500 posts, 1,000 posts, 2,000 posts, 3,333 posts, etc
  • Topic Milestones: 100 topics, 5,000 topics, 3,333 topics, etc
  • Member Milestones: 50 members, 200 members, etc
  • Events: Contests (non-recurring), events, new owners, new theme, grand opening, etc
For post, topic, and member milestones, you may post a topic for any milestone that you feel is significant. It's most common for these to be multiples of 1,000 (such as 1,000, 2,000, etc.) but all other numbers are allowed as well. Note that we can, at our discretion, ask you to stick to more specific milestones. For example, if you post a topic celebrating your 4,582th post one day, then exactly one week later, celebrate your 5,238th post, we may ask you to keep milestones to more even numbers.

Post Limit:

You may only post one thread in this section per website, per week(7 days).

Remember that the Board-Wide Guidelines still apply in addition to these guidelines.

If you have any questions, please contact an Community Team Member or a Administrator.​

22_22

Madly Diligent
Jun 14, 2009
England
lifeistoo.sport.blog
FP$
How about for blogs? When can we celebrate article and comment milestones? As these are significantly different accomplishments to forum posts I feel.

Reactions: Joshua Farrell

Puppuccino

Caution: Hot
Aug 16, 2009
FP$
The guidelines are subjective and so discretion is advised. Moderators can give you a friendly nudge if you’re posting too much. It’s all about moderation (figuratively speaking).

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
How about for blogs? When can we celebrate article and comment milestones? As these are significantly different accomplishments to forum posts I feel.

These guidelines are intentionally vague. We have all sorts of different forums, blogs, and other websites being promoted, meaning there's tons of different types of milestones or events that could be posted here. We aren't going to list every possible occurrence that can be posted here. It's just about being reasonable and using common sense.

You are more than welcome to share article and comment milestones. :)

Raymond

Seasoned Veteran
Nov 6, 2008
L.A
FP$
Do these guidelines go for websites? Or if I launch a new website where would I post for feedback? Maybe even brands? Like would love to share creating a company, where would that be?

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
Do these guidelines go for websites? Or if I launch a new website where would I post for feedback? Maybe even brands? Like would love to share creating a company, where would that be?

It's hard to give a yay or nay answer to this, but I'm sure any announcements regarding your website would be fine here. As for just requesting general feedback, we have the Community Feedback forum for that.