When is a sale not a sale

Empire

Confederation of lords
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Don't need to think hard on this.

Answer to that is when they increase the price on sale day claiming it was xxx before the sale and then adding the sale discount to make it seem like a sale when in fact the price is almost same as before the sale

I hate companies that do that and should be named and shamed

• Agree
Reactions: jenna appleseed

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
In my opinion, a sale is not a sale, when the discount is only a few cents down from the original price. I hate it when I am getting something, and the sale price is literally just a few cents less than full price.

Jerlene

The Senseless Blogger
Administrator
Jan 13, 2011
SenselessBlogger.com
senselessblogger.com
FP$
I worked for a giant chain and there were all kinds of tricks they pulled. My favourite was when they put up sale signs for things that weren't actually on sale. The sale price and original price were the same. Or when the sale price was more than the original. Always read the fine print!

Alexandoy

Familiar Face
Dec 15, 2018
FP$
I'm glad that when the malls came to fore the stores are being true to their sales although some are still cheating. In the olden days even big stores were cheating with the prices that an item originally worth 100 will be sold for 99 with the blurb that it used to be 150 or even 200. I guess the government had been acting on those unfair trade that they have become very rare cases now.

But when buying on sale items you have to be discerning because the product may have a defect or damage.

killamch89

Familiar Face
Dec 10, 2018
FP$
There are a lot of companies that practice that pathetic tactic because they know most consumers are a sucker for a sale.

Azareal

Paragon
Dec 18, 2010
Mars
gosora-project.com
FP$
Apparently, some retail stores will price random things (it may even vary from branch to branch) prohibitively expensive throughout the year, and then, they'll put them on "sale" to make themselves look generous.

Empire

Confederation of lords
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Apparently, some retail stores will price random things (it may even vary from branch to branch) prohibitively expensive throughout the year, and then, they'll put them on "sale" to make themselves look generous.
allot of details nowadays want to make there money and allot will want to get more then what it's worth. With online shopping getting bigger they can't or not able to keep up with the markets to the point that they are lossing sales. But they don't fix there marketing they making it worse and here in the UK allot of stores are closing and not just the small but rather big stores like toy world and maplin

Beerus

Acquaintance
Jan 7, 2019
FP$
We have a local store that will up the price of items the week before they go on sale so when they say they are on sale, you really aren't saving much. It is a trick a lot of companies use. Kind of tasteless if you ask me.

I know Amazon and other online shops do this as well.