Where are you from?

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
Like Badge
Where are you from? And if it's relevant, what city/area?

Do you like it there? If you had to live in another city in your country, which one would you pick, and if you had to live in another country, which one would you choose?

I am from Preston, Idaho, United States. :) I love it here, but there are times where I wish that we had more options in the valley we live in, as sometimes I wish we had more things going on in the Spring and Autumn.

I'm from an place that used to be an village that's now part of an big city that's Camden, around an hour drive from Sydney Australia. about 4 years ago I moved to the UK and lived in the midlands and now I'm moving away up north near York. In my 26 years I moved 11 times

Lämmchen

Addicted
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
I'm from Indiana and the part I'm from was 45 minutes from Chicago. It was a safe town growing up but now I wouldn't want to live there anymore because of the congestion and higher crime.

My husband and I sat down and started talking about where we want to live when he retires in 12 years or more. I suggested South Carolina to be near one of his sisters who lives on a lake.

Elli

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jan 20, 2019
ellimccale.com
FP$
@Joshua Farrell Haha, really: Preston? So were you there when they filmed Napoleon Dynamite? :p I pass on the opposite side of Bear Lake, through Cokeville to Star Valley, WY.

@Fiona1964 I like how you spelled Edinburgh as it's pronounced. Until someone actually Scottish said this out loud to me, I always though it was pronounced, "Ee-den-burg".

I live within the Salt Lake Valley, UT. I've been back and forth between here and Wyoming since I was maybe 7? years old, but the primary residence has always been here. Now that I'm older, I don't spend as much time in WY.

@Joshua Farrell Haha, really: Preston? So were you there when they filmed Napoleon Dynamite? :p I pass on the opposite side of Bear Lake, through Cokeville to Star Valley, WY.

@Fiona1964 I like how you spelled Edinburgh as it's pronounced. Until someone actually Scottish said this out loud to me, I always though it was pronounced, "Ee-den-burg".

I live within the Salt Lake Valley, UT. I've been back and forth between here and Wyoming since I was maybe 7? years old, but the primary residence has always been here. Now that I'm older, I don't spend as much time in WY.
@Elli your not the first to do that

Juneberry

Reputable
Jul 8, 2019
New Jersey
FP$
I live right across the river from Paterson, New Jersey. In regards to my town... It's not that great in regards to political things that go on here, and my closest grocer is extremely overpriced. But, in general, I'm just not a fan of my state/area. There's a lot of issues and the biggest one to me is how industrial it's become. I like that we still have some flowering trees and such, but... There was surely so much more in the past. We no longer fit, in my view, as 'the Garden State'.