Which of the following URL structures is most SEO-friendly?

oliverjack

New Arrival
Sep 10, 2020
FP$
Hi,
I'm in the process of launching my blog website, and I'm trying to figure out the best URL structure for my website.
Thank you!

KnownSyntax

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 21, 2016
Arizona, United States
FP$
As far as structure, I’d just make it easy to read and link to. As far as SEO, Google doesn’t really care anymore for html pages vs. dynamic, or named titles vs. the randomly numbers for pages. It’s all about unique content now

Reactions: Dotgician

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
As far as structure, I’d just make it easy to read and link to. As far as SEO, Google doesn’t really care anymore for html pages vs. dynamic, or named titles vs. the randomly numbers for pages. It’s all about unique content now
I agree. I wouldn't get fussed up over details. Nonetheless, if you want people to understand what's on the web page, then perhaps links should be fancy or there should be some title fetcher. For instance, if a link is about certain guitar lessons, then how would some link on some random site give anyone a clue about what's on it?

KnownSyntax

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 21, 2016
Arizona, United States
FP$
I agree. I wouldn't get fussed up over details. Nonetheless, if you want people to understand what's on the web page, then perhaps links should be fancy or there should be some title fetcher. For instance, if a link is about certain guitar lessons, then how would some link on some random site give anyone a clue about what's on it?
The URL is mostly always fully hidden (only the few X characters of it are shown on Google and other search engines). The title would always be returned and that needs to be unique to the content on that page, otherwise if the title wasn't returned then you would be correct - it wouldn't make sense with a randomly generated URL.

TopSilver

Reputable
Mar 16, 2019
www.mindpiff.com
FP$
I know a lot of forum softwares have something called a friendly URL option. I don't use wordpress so I'm not sure if that has it too but I would look for it in options if it had some type of friendly URL ability or option. If not, I believe there's plenty of add-ons you can download for SEO purposes that will probably have that ability. Basically what a friendly URL is, is a URL that removes index.php from the page and also keeps the title the main basis for the structure.