Which one is the best CMS?

iSuit21

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 15, 2012
www.sibylsys.io
FP$
This questions again... There is nothing like the perfect CMS, as many serve a different purpose and if they are in the same niche, such as WordPress and Joomla, it really depends on the environment which is preferred by yourself or your client.

I "personally" use WordPress for most of my projects as well as my own blog and Magento for eCommerce websites.

seranking

New Arrival
Oct 22, 2013
FP$
I like Joomla and Wordpress. Wordpress is a pretty easy to use, especially for newbies.

CM30

Addicted
Nov 5, 2012
UK
gamingreinvented.com
FP$
Objectively, there is none. The likes of Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc are good for different sites and purposes, and anyone saying one is objectively better is being a bit narrow minded.

Really, it depends what kind of site you're running and what you want from a CMS. There's no 'one size fits all' solution, in the same way there isn't for forum scripts.

Darthmaul

Goldbergstein
george goudis said:
From these 3, the best is WP CMS.
But the BEST from all, is a CUSTOM CMS, to make it exactly as you want!
I would venture to disagree. Unless you have a site so unique wordpress or similar simply wouldn't work, I would say stick to the already-made CMS' out there. It's safer, easier, and more reliable. Huge companies do it, small companies do it, and random internet startups do it; it's simply the smartest choice. While sites do bring a lot to the table presentation-wise when they have a unique CMS, it can also be more of a hassle than it's worth.

LiquidServe

Paragon
Jul 27, 2012
/Macintosh/liquidserve
www.liquidserve.com
FP$
I think Costom CMS is the best, but out of the above 3 I think I'll go with WP due to it's popularity and huge and generous community. It also has huge library of plugins to choose from and you'll get a large number of programmers to code plugins for it.
But personally I prefer custom CMS for my websites.

solankikunwarpal

New Arrival
Jan 6, 2014
FP$
Content management system is a feature that helps you keep track of each and every piece of your content on the website, and manage them. I completely concur with rigpa, so far, Wordpress qualifies as one of the best content management sites and further, taking into account that it's free and user friendly.

Red Herring

Paragon
May 8, 2009
██████
FP$
If you just want a CMS that serves as a great little portal with a nice bit of functionality tacked in, I'd say Wordpress is your best bet. It can be customized to be far more than blogging software, but in the end, it's still mainly a blog at heart.

If you want a multipurpose website with numerous features and systems in place, Joomla would get my vote. It has scripts for just about any form of website you could possibly fathom, and can serve as a giant nexus to numerous different features and services. And that's the only reason you should use it too, because it's quite heavyweight compared to most CMS systems.

However, you simply cannot beat a properly developed custom CMS developed specifically for your website. If you have the knowledge and the time and possibly a nice team, then this is by far the best choice.

coolframe

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Sep 8, 2013
Southern France
solustech.eu
FP$
Wordpress all the way, lately, new features and updates have given Wordpress a real boost, the community is just as big as the internet, very active and with some knowledges, you can work out themes and plugins.

BUT as many above said, each CMS as it own purposes.

GSquadron

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Oct 2, 2013
FP$
The best CMS is a CMS you make.
Wordpress is exceptionally boring and tweaking it scratches up nerves.
A CMS I did had only 5 options and that was all needed.
Wordpress is like a car everybody has, but if you make the car alone everybody will say WOW.
I showed off my CMS with just 5 options and it was tremendously praised by everyone.

All who don't know server side programming as well as creating their own CMS are sure to go for WordPress or other solutions. That's 100% guaranteed.

Clickhat

New Arrival
Feb 8, 2014
FP$
Wordpress fan here as well, however IMO it really depends on the type of site you need to build. I'd prefer Magento for an ecommerce site as an example. However, as mentioned above, a custom CMS is the best option for any site, but if you're like me and you don't code, it's going to cost you a nice amount of money.