Feb 17, 2019
FP$
NSFW

meetdilip

Marketing Team Member
Marketing Team
Feb 17, 2019
FP$
You don't allow anyone to reply in there? What I was getting at is which threads do you automatically lock? Not forums or sub-forums making them private.

I am not sure I understood you properly. Please rephrase.

I would like to keep my board open for all. There are a no. of sites for people who want to discuss NSFW topics. I am not into that business.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
I am not sure I understood you properly. Please rephrase.

I would like to keep my board open for all. There are a no. of sites for people who want to discuss NSFW topics. I am not into that business.

I was kind of thinking along the lines of when you make Announcements do you lock the thread or do you let your members post a response (either in favor or arguing the announcement)? Same with new rules?

Reactions: meetdilip

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
I've never locked a topic. Most spam accounts make advertisement topics. So I've always moves those topics into an archive section where none of the members see it and then deal with the spam account.

FriendlyPerson

Reputable
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
I've never locked a topic. Most spam accounts make advertisement topics. So I've always moves those topics into an archive section where none of the members see it and then deal with the spam account.
I recommend if you haven't started yet actually having automated spam detection and purging then avail the software's purging for manual removals, report back and banning.

At the prices of what quality webspace rings up at (no matter if you go shared/web hosting, VPS, dedi, etc) keeping SPAM around is probably something you wanna reconsider doing.

Not only for costs and organizational stakes but also for performance, the higher the threads and messages counts the more "stuff" the database gotta do.