Who still buys music?

Spikey

Familiar Face
Jul 20, 2020
FP$
Do any of you still like to buy music? I've always been a fan of buying music. These days I buy MP3s of the bands I really like on iTunes. I use Spotify to check out the artist/songs first to see if I really like them or not and if I do then I am happy to support them. It's really hard for musicians to make money these days.

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
Does buying musical equipment count? If so, I buy lots of music. As for buying individual songs and albums, no. I get Apple Music with my cellular plan.

TopSilver

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 16, 2019
www.mindpiff.com
FP$
I just listen to my music on YouTube. I like free spotify on Xbox though. But I just play songs from YT.

meetdilip

Marketing Team Member
Marketing Team
Feb 17, 2019
FP$
YouTube has official channels for the music I love. 100 % legal.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
I haven't bought music in years. I rely on Amazon Prime to give me the music I want to listen to as part of paying for Prime. I still have a ton of old CDs so if I can't find it on Prime then I usually have it on CD.

Spikey

Familiar Face
Jul 20, 2020
FP$
These streaming services are great. I enjoy them but I find if you buy the MP3 digital copy of the music then the quality of the sound is so much better then it is on a streaming service like Spotify.

apathy

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
fortreeforums.xyz
FP$
I used to buy a lot of MP3s from beatport for DJ'ing with, though that's kinda died down as I've lost interest in DJ'ing... I'll still pick up old 12"s from discogs if I can't find an MP3 of it anywhere, although that's obviously a second-hand sale.

apathy

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
fortreeforums.xyz
FP$
MP3 aren't big as they used to be since they use their phones nowadays, walkman I remember back in the day LOL

Too right dude I remember having a walkman too when i was really young.
I also remember pre-broadband if I wanted a song i'd have to sit with Kerrang or whatever station on, just hoping the song i wanted would eventually come on, so I could catch it with a tape recorder :v It would just be held up to my TV's speakers too so the sound was GARBAGE but it was my only option... grim times

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
I listen to all of my favorite songs and albums on Youtube. I used to buy music on CD back in the early to late 2000's. Now I mainly just listen to what's on the radio when I drive.

Reactions: Cumulus

Cumulus

Marketing Team Leader 📊
Marketing Team
Oct 8, 2020
UK
FP$
Thank You Badge
I listen to all of my favorite songs and albums on Youtube. I used to buy music on CD back in the early to late 2000's. Now I mainly just listen to what's on the radio when I drive.
Yeah I use to love buying albums and singles on iTunes for my iPod - back in the day :p Now I like to stream via Spotify, though I also have an Amazon Prime subscription which I use to play songs on my Alexa

Reactions: Terminated

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
Yeah I use to love buying albums and singles on iTunes for my iPod - back in the day :p Now I like to stream via Spotify, though I also have an Amazon Prime subscription which I use to play songs on my Alexa

Do you ever put them on a flash drive and listen to them in you car?

I honestly wish I could put all of my MP3 tracks on a flash drive and plug it into my car. But I found out that my car's memory stick port doesn't read music off of a drive. That was disappointing to me. I'd have to buy a new music system and have it installed that can play the tracks off of a memory stick. CD's kind of mess up pretty bad eventually.