Who uses wordpress?

Raison7

New Arrival
May 26, 2017
FP$
I use WordPress. Even I have my 2 websites based in WordPress. This is really a good platform to work on. Thanks!

Elli

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jan 20, 2019
ellimccale.com
FP$
WordPress is great as a blogging platform and CMS, as long as you're not the one developing for it :sob:

PHP is the most trash programming language there is and if you feel like reading essentially an entire essay about everything wrong with it, this guy has you covered:

https://eev.ee/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/

The gist is that the people who wrote and maintain PHP don't actually know PHP, and neither does anyone else. And yet, WordPress still uses it, so here we are.

The WordPress Dashboard is great, and there is no shortage of themes and plugins to get what you want out of it. (Or if you're a masochist, you can try writing your own.) And as long as you actually maintain the site and install updates when they're available, along with some additional security precautions, WordPress can also be reasonably secure. It also has a very large developer community, which means lots of support. There's definitely a reason it's so popular.

I usually advise people to start with a WordPress site if they're just testing the waters, or if the business is not in tech. If it is in tech and the owner is serious, homegrown architecture would be a better investment.