Why Cant We Solve Our Own Questions?

HamezSEO

The Helper
Mar 21, 2017
Northampton
wearedapa.co.uk
FP$
When we ask questions their should be a button that solves your own issue as people just keep commenting even when the issue is over.

Allenafaith

Adrenaline Junkie
Apr 23, 2015
Alabama
FP$
When we ask questions their should be a button that solves your own issue as people just keep commenting even when the issue is over.
Currently, CTMs, TLs, and Admins are the only people who have the permissions to mark questions as solved and archive the topics. I feel like it would be a good idea for members to be able to at least lock their own topics until we mark it as solved. I don't know if we can do that, though. @Cosmic

HamezSEO

The Helper
Mar 21, 2017
Northampton
wearedapa.co.uk
FP$
Thanks for the quick response, it's not a massive deal but it would be nice. It would give the community more to do when creating topics and it would clog up the feed.

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
You should be able to change the prefix by going to:

Then change the prefix to "solved." Then you can reply something like "Issue is solved" and archive it for you, although we might keep it open for a little while longer if there's a useful side-discussion going on in the thread.

HamezSEO

The Helper
Mar 21, 2017
Northampton
wearedapa.co.uk
FP$
That's a great idea and it wouldn't take long to implement as it should just be a setting to prefix.

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
You should be able to do it already. Is it working for you?

HamezSEO

The Helper
Mar 21, 2017
Northampton
wearedapa.co.uk
FP$
I'd say this topic was solved

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
You (as the original poster) can set a topic in Community Matters as solved like so:

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
@Cosmic Unfortunately, the "solved" prefix is only available to forum moderators, admins, and technicians. This can be changed if you wish :)

Currently, CTMs, TLs, and Admins are the only people who have the permissions to mark questions as solved
When it comes to bugs or forum related issues that have the technicians involved (Such as most cases in the Community Matters section), I have always marked them solved myself. I, however, let moderators or admins move them.

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
@Cosmic Unfortunately, the "solved" prefix is only available to forum moderators, admins, and technicians. This can be changed if you wish :)

Currently, CTMs, TLs, and Admins are the only people who have the permissions to mark questions as solved
When it comes to bugs or forum related issues that have the technicians involved (Such as most cases in the Community Matters section), I have always marked them solved myself. I, however, let moderators or admins move them.
@Jordan Can you check to make sure the permissions are set up right? The screenshots I posted were taken using test-permissions, so it should be working.

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
@Jordan Can you check to make sure the permissions are set up right? The screenshots I posted were taken using test-permissions, so it should be working.
This is how it is currently set-up:

Sometimes the test permissions can be a little... weird.

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$

Ah. Can you make it so that members can edit their own prefixes in this forum, including the Solved prefix?

smitegenius

New Arrival
Nov 23, 2016
FP$

Ah. Can you make it so that members can edit their own prefixes in this forum, including the Solved prefix?

That's a good suggestion out there!

Jordan

Valued Contributor
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
www.Pardy.co
FP$
I apologize for the delay. The permission has been updated, so members can also use the 'Solved' prefix if necessary. Do check it out and report for any errors. :)
Also, now that users can mark their own threads as solved. we now also have a custom addon that will automatically move threads to the archive once it is solved to help ease up some burdon on the staff :)
(It is cron based and may take up to 5 mins to move the threads)

Reactions: Migi

HamezSEO

The Helper
Mar 21, 2017
Northampton
wearedapa.co.uk
FP$
Wow one of my suggestions actually got implemented to the forum. I feel so proud with myself aha :)

• Cool
Reactions: Jordan