Nov 28, 2015
Plymouth
FP$
Reactions: Empire

joegirl

Acquaintance
Jul 1, 2017
FP$
Hi there :) Only popping in now..new member. Is this still open? What are the requirements please? Do I stand a chance being a new member and all that?

Migi

Phantom Thief Lv. N00B
Hi there :) Only popping in now..new member. Is this still open? What are the requirements please? Do I stand a chance being a new member and all that?
We have recently concluded a recruitment period, so we are not actively looking. Some services are open for members to submit application, but the decision will not be made immediately. Check this thread if you are interested in working for the package service. The review service and moderation team are not recruiting at the moment.

Migi

Phantom Thief Lv. N00B
It's saddening to see that your date of registration matters in order to contribute to Forumpromotion more efficiencly.
It's one of the simplest preliminary category. We want to hire someone who is genuinely interested in the community, not someone who just want the job for the title and benefits. I hope you are able to understand that much. That being said, if you are really interested in a position but haven't fully met the requirements, you are still allowed to send a message to the service directors or administrators. We are not that rigid; maybe we can work out some other requirements or tests or something else based on the situation.

Reactions: Wyvh and Empire

Wyvh

Familiar Face
Jul 31, 2017
France, somewhere.
FP$
I totally understand your point and do fully agree with you. My point was that some recent members might be able to be more applicated towards FP than older members.

I wish I could participate in this great team and fun activities. If only I have a good enough income online then I will surely resign in my current job and just focus in my online activities like this.
thanks for sharing

Philip Lee

New Arrival
Oct 1, 2017
FP$
On July 21st, 2012, I received an exciting PM. A few weeks earlier, I had seen the Package Team announcement and sent in my application to Sshadow. Alike a lot of people, I was pretty doubtful I would be chosen. I was new to the forum; I had only been around for maybe three months (and not very active), and I only had around 250 posts at the time. But to my surprise, I was selected to join the Package Team. I’ve worked on quite a few forums, but this forum was by FAR the most welcoming. Over the next six months, I was able to get to know all of my fellow team members pretty well, and even met a great friend; Eternal. About a month ago, when I was offered the opportunity the join the Community Team, I didn’t have to think twice. I’ve loved it ever since, it’s a great way to help others in this wonderful place.

So that’s a little background information about my time on the staff here. But what about the title, why work here at FP? There are tons of reasons I could list, but here are a few to mention. Whether you’re on the Review Team, or the Package Team, you have the valuable opportunity to interact with a lot of different sites. It’s inspiring to see other forums grow from nothing to have tens of thousands of posts. And just think; it could be your two cents on how to improve their site, or a thought-provoking topic that starts it all!

Secondly, what better way to “pay it forward”? All of the services offered here are free – well, they cost FP cash, but realistically, they are free. I remember some of the packages that SeanFace101 did on my forum way back when. They really helped me out, and it’s a great feeling to give that back to people.

Lastly, it doesn’t take much time. Yes, there is a lot of work to be done. But if everyone does their part on the team, and enough people volunteer to join, the work is well distributed. As long as you can come online and do at least a LITTLE bit of work each day, you’ll be golden. The Team Leaders understand very well that there is a life outside of forums, and they only expect what you can reasonably do.

Eternal said:
I joined Forum Promotion March 30th, 2012. Just about 2 months after joining the forum I noticed that the Community Team was accepting applications. I decided that I wanted to submit an application, not thinking I would ever be chosen but it was worth a shot. A few days later I received a private message from my now retired Community Team Leader Fiona1964 saying that they would love to have me on the team. I was very excited and gratefully accepted the position. Since joining the team I have met a ton of amazing people including, Snobothehobo, Fiona1964, LunarScorpio, Hissae2, 2787cmt, and pandaa just to name a few. The Forum Promotion staff team is one of the best staff teams I have ever seen and been apart of, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
LunarScorpio said:
I’ve been a member of Forum Promotion since August 2009 and cannot even begin to describe how helpful it has been for me. In April of 2012, I saw that the Community Team was looking for a new member and I thought to myself “I want to give back to a forum that has done so much for me.” So I applied and on April 14th, I received a PM letting me know I had been selected to become the newest member of the team. I love being a part of the FP team. Everyone is wonderful and, honestly, we’re like a family. We may bicker and may not always see eye-to-eye, but we’re there for each other no matter what may be going on. I can honestly say working at FP is a wonderful experience that I wouldn’t ever trade.
Quacker Jack said:
Hi, my name is Quacker Jack for those of you who don't know me. I've been a member of Forum Promotion ever since I discovered it in September 2009. I've actually have held almost every position here. I first joined the staff team as a Package Team Member is June 2010. Like many, I was young and I didn't think I would get the job. But, low and behold, I did. I instantly became very active with the team. At some point though several months after getting hired, I was having issues keeping up with my schedule and I resigned. However, once I was able to gain control of my schedule again, I was rehired for the Package Team. Throughout the year in 2011, I became one of the most active Package Team Members we had at the time. Eventually, I was asked by Sshadow to become his Package Team Leader Assistant. I was shocked and honored. I continued to work for Sshadow for I believe 6 months under the new position PTLA, and I loved every minute of it. Then one day, I was joking around with a Matthew, and he told me they were needing a new CTM, and, after he spoke to the CTL, I was hired to become a Community Team Member. However, the position was short lasted. I was having numerous difficulties in my life, and suffered through a painful ear infection that killed my online time, and I ended up leaving the Community Team. That was roughly April 2011 when this happened. It pained me. I would still check up on Forum Promotion, post occasionally. I was eventually made into a Valued Contributor due to my contributions. But, in early 2013, this wasn't enough. I was one day catching up with 2787cmt on Skype, and after we talked about the past, he basically offered me a position on the RTM. I decided to take him up on it, and I was excited to be back on the FP staff team. I had missed it. I dedicated a lot of time to it, and eventually worked with 2787cmt to revise the Reviewing system to what we currently see today. After 3 months of being a RTM, I got one of the most shocking Skype messages I have ever gotten. It was from Nerdie. He asked me to become the Community Team Leader. I was simply stunned. When I first joined in 2009, I never imagined that I would attain the title of some of the greatest FP staff members around - Kino, LunarScorpio, Eternal to name a few. I instantly accepted, and I have never looked back. I love Forum Promotion, and it has been a big part of me for the past 3-4 years.

For those of you who ever want to apply? You should. All of the teams are a lot of fun. I think some of you may notice my signature says I am a Quad Color Club Member. No, there isn't any club out there. But it means that I have seen almost it all at Forum Promotion. One of the great things about Forum Promotion is anyone can become a prominent member here. The staff here are exceptional, and the administrators are some of the best you will find on the entire internet. I highly encourage everyone to apply, regardless if one thinks they are worthy of that staff position, whether it be the PT, RT, or even my beloved CT.
Cloverfield said:
I enjoy being a member of staff here because the forum is so great. Always a lot going on on the forum and I get to help advertise people's forums by updating the services which people request. I've been a member of this forum for over 4 years now and joined when it was in its infancy. Now it's grown to over 1 million posts and the staff members are all great.
Hissae2 said:
I was originally on the review team, but when I lost my internet for an extended period of time, combined with real life, I had to resign from the team. A few weeks after that when life started getting easier and I had more time for the internet, I wanted to continue helping with FP's services so I applied for the package team. I was accepted on and started working to complete all the packages requested (at the time there were two pages full). Just over a month later I was offered PTLA, and I have been helping Sshadow run the team ever since. Everyone on staff is awesome so I won't be leaving any time soon.
phio_chan said:
I chose to work for Forum Promotion because I wanted to test myself, to be honest. That was what I had in mind when I first applied as a Review Team Member, around a year ago. And I was accepted. I tested myself, gained experience from writing reviews, knew more people, made new friends, and learned something new about online forums regularly. I had to step down due to other commitments, but now I returned as part of Community Team because I missed such days. And I wanted to give back to the community which had been helpful to me in many ways before. I didn't regret it until now.

I'd like to encourage members to try applying and join our team because you gained a lot. Everyone can build a website and be the leader of their own team, but this is where I learned teamwork, time management, and even fun times together. All those are helpful for me, when I become a part of a staff team somewhere else, on my own forum (which no longer exist fyi), or even in real life. Join us for the experience and fun, it's all in balance and definitely not something you will regret.
Matthew said:
Forum Promotion is an excellent service forum with some of the best people you'll ever meet. This is amplified by the amazing people who fill the staff team. One of the most professional and accepting bunch on the internet, the Forum Promotion staff team is welcoming and supportive to you as an individual. Not only that, you are given valuable training you can use across the internet as well as skills useful in a real life setting.

Forum Promotion is great because it doesn't matter what role you fulfill on the site, your contribution is just as important as those of people on other teams. If you want to work on any website, Forum Promotion is the one you should consider as you WILL NOT be disappointed. You become apart of a family at Forum Promotion that lasts even past the time you serve on a team.
Twisted Fairytale said:
Mine won't be as glamorous as everyone else's, mostly because I don't remember details, but here we go...

I joined Forum Promotion back in the middle of 2008. At that time, FP was still running the good ole' acidtech blue theme. Fowler was the admin at the time, and some of the big names consisted of Ste, MurderHeWrote, Carson, Kino, Vanilla, etc. It was so long ago that I can't remember all of their staff positions, but I do know that Ste was admin with Fowler, MurderHeWrote served as the Community team Leader, Carson was one of the greatest Package Team Leaders out there, Kino was a pretty sweet Community Team Member, and I have no idea what Vanilla did. I know, I'm a horrible person. :D

Anyway, I joined up and was instantly inspired by the forum. I looked around a bit, posted here and there, and eventually learned to make my own forums through some material I found here. I founded sites such as "Skyer's Packages," "Review Central," and eventually teamed up with Kino to found "Music Junkies." I do recall that as soon as I discovered FP, I became a recluse, staying in my room, on my bed with my laptop on the nightstand. I would learn to code, register at other's sites, and pretty much waste my 13yr old life away. :)

Then, one day, CarMadMike put up an advertisement to join the Review Team. I'm not really sure what made him choose me to join the team, maybe I was the only one, but after a few days of waiting in tension, he told me that my application was accepted, and my name turned red. I was the happiest 14 year old you ever knew. I jumped on my reviews, completing a few here and a few there of decent quality... I was 14 for pete's sake!

I forget what came up, but after a good while, I decided to transfer to the Package Team. It was an odd feeling when my name went from red to orange, but I embraced it for awhile. Now, I'm not saying that I was a model staff member, oh no. You can ask any of the other veterans of FP and they may have things to say about me if they still remember. :D But what matters is that I realize why I wasn't a good staff member. After serving on the Package Team for a good while, I was chosen to be apart of the new Forum Promotion Blog Team. I submitted somewhere between 4-7 articles before I honestly lost interest in the subject...

After leaving the staff, I decided that I needed a little break from the webmaster deal and took a long time off from Forum Promotion. I returned about a month ago to a beautifully managed forum, and just about the same community that I left behind. Of course, the other FP Vets are in and out as Valued Contributors, but the majority of the board stayed the same. After awhile, I decided that it was time for me to put back in for staff. I don't know what made me so fired up about wanting to help out at FP again, but I was pumped. I ended up applying for the Community Team, Package Team, and Review Team. For the first two, I was not chosen, but I believe that is because CMT was staring me down and waiting for me to apply for the Review Team. :p

I was chosen to serve on the review team about three days ago, and it was just as exciting as being chosen five years ago. If I could say anything to someone interested in working at Forum Promotion: the staff community is great and it is an experience well worth the time. We don't get paid gloriously, and in FP$ at that! Do it for the community, do it for the experience, and do it for the lulz. :heart:

Twisty... OUT!
If you haven’t applied yet, what is holding you back? If you want to talk about any concerns, I’m always around to talk. I’d love to work alongside all of you guys, it’s an experience I’m sure you would enjoy too. :)

It seems the recruitment is not available anymore. Can anyone tell me when it is available?

Kaynil

Paragon
Package Team
If you haven’t applied yet, what is holding you back? If you want to talk about any concerns, I’m always around to talk. I’d love to work alongside all of you guys, it’s an experience I’m sure you would enjoy too. :)

It seems the recruitment is not available anymore. Can anyone tell me when it is available?
They put a hiring thread on the staff team (usually packagers or reviewers) either in news on in their particular zone as a sticky. Just keep an eye and you will find the thread if they are looking for candidates. :)

Last edited: