Word of Mouth

Alexander.

Team Member
Package Team
Jan 30, 2015
Forum Promotion
FP$
Has anyone ever tried advertising their online community through Word of Mouth to friends, family or colleagues? Did it work well and is this an effective form of advertising? Let us know!

Matthew

Everyone knows a Matthew
Jun 28, 2010
Under a bridge
FP$
Friends and family is what I use social media for. I frankly wouldn’t want my friends and family on any forums I would run. The internet is the escape and a chance to meet new people. A chance to break outside of your IRL comfort zone and network with new individuals. Not to mention, I personally wouldn’t want to cross the boundary of having my online presence mix with my IRL presence. My friends are bigger assholes than I am.

Lämmchen

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
Has anyone ever tried advertising their online community through Word of Mouth to friends, family or colleagues? Did it work well and is this an effective form of advertising? Let us know!
My friends and family have not been very helpful in joining my site and posting. When CH first opened a few of them joined but no one ever has posted. I know now to not expect anything from them and even in the Site Battle Madness no one helped me :( The only word of mouth I could rely on was from members of other Christian forums that I encounter and that I'm "friends" with on Facebook. They have helped me out with my forum more than the people who are closest to me.

Lord Saru

Package Team Leader
Package Team
Feb 21, 2010
From the blue
FP$
Most of my friends havent yet discovered the world of forums. XD

Reactions: ZandraJoi