WordPress for Dummies?

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
I don't want to order any book but is there an online site with updated information for WordPress for newbies to get started?

The secretary at my church is retiring and I'm thinking of offering to take over the webpage and I believe it's done using WordPress. It's kind of a mess though so I'd have to either start fresh or learn how to fix errors.

Dotgician

Up-and-Coming Sensation
I don't want to order any book but is there an online site with updated information for WordPress for newbies to get started?

The secretary at my church is retiring and I'm thinking of offering to take over the webpage and I believe it's done using WordPress. It's kind of a mess though so I'd have to either start fresh or learn how to fix errors.
Honestly best way is to start fresh, keep using WP... have you tried Divi? I use it for all my clients websites. Let me know if you need any help shoot me a pm and ill send over my contact info.

Puppuccino

Sponsored Content
FP$
The best thing to do is to improve the website you currently have so you learn how to improve parts of the site and fix problems so don't start fresh, especially if you're not that well versed with WordPress to begin with.

https://www.wpbeginner.com is a great site though for people new to WordPress, has a lot of in-depth info to help you.

Dotgician

Up-and-Coming Sensation
The best thing to do is to improve the website you currently have so you learn how to improve parts of the site and fix problems so don't start fresh, especially if you're not that well versed with WordPress to begin with.

https://www.wpbeginner.com is a great site though for people new to WordPress, has a lot of in-depth info to help you.
I disagree, specially a very outdated Wordpress website.. I can already imagine all the bugs you’ll have to figure out after updating Wordpress on top of that the certain plugins that are not compatible anymore to the new wp update...

starting off scratch is a lot easier specially if you have the content already. All you would have to do copy and paste the content over to the new theme.

theyre are so many great themes out there right now.

I use divi which is elegant themes great page builder that has premade layouts and easy to learn.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
I don't have access to the Admin side of the site and I was just hoping to get started on learning before I actually commit to the project.

saoussen5765

New Arrival
FP$

I have tried Wordpress previously however Wordpress is for begineers I have switched to Drupal and Joomla because in Wordpress everything is ready however for Joomla and Drupal you have to have some programmation skills.